It's Been Fun

I currently know of a retired UPS driver that is a QA clerk for my FedEx HD terminal.

he's awesomesauce when I tell him that this package is a GPS misplot & to route it to driver ####

Oh, isn't Dave using up his sick days and vacation weeks first before retiring? When's the official day?
We can't do that here,nor when I retire I will no longer be doing this crap

rod

Retired 23 years
We can't do that here,nor when I retire I will no longer be doing this crap

Central States had really restrictive rules on what you could or couldn't do when I retired. I always called them and got an ok if I was going to do some silly little job. Last thing I wanted to do was screw up my pension. It used to be they only things you could do without worry was drive a school bus or get a government job. At 70 you could have any job. At a union meeting one time I asked how the Teamsters were going to know if someone was working a job they shouldn't have. The guy said "other retirees will report you---it happens all the time".

Central States had really restrictive rules on what you could or couldn't do when I retired. I always called them and got an ok if I was going to do some silly little job. Last thing I wanted to do was screw up my pension. It used to be they only things you could do without worry was drive a school bus or get a government job. At 70 you could have any job. At a union meeting one time I asked how the Teamsters were going to know if someone was working a job they shouldn't have. The guy said "other retirees will report you---it happens all the time".
Damn

badpal

Yeah that sounds like about the only way it could happen. Payback on the high senority coworker, who left you those 20 stops on a Friday evening 15 years ago.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Sounds like some old ass snitches that need to get stitches.

over9five

Staff member
Rats.

P

pickup

I once researched this and one union has you give consent for them to search the state employment records for your SS
Number and name. If it shows you’re working an unreported job, they investigate further.

rod

Retired 23 years
I once researched this and one union has you give consent for them to search the state employment records for your SS
Number and name. If it shows you’re working an unreported job, they investigate further.

for the most part once you retire the union wants nothing to do with you---other than hope you die soon to get off the pension list.