Jobs

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks Barack!
(CNSNews.com) – The number of Americans designated as “not in the labor force” in February was 89,304,000, a record high, up from 89,008,000 in January, according to the Department of Labor. This means that the number of Americans not in the labor force increased 296,000 between January and February.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) labels people who are unemployed and no longer looking for work as “not in the labor force,” including people who have retired on schedule, taken early retirement, or simply given up looking for work.

The increase marks the second month in a row, after rising in January from 88.8 million in December. Those not in the labor force had declined in December from 88.9 million in November.

The nation’s unemployment rate decreased to 7.7 percent in February, down from 7.9 percent in January. Overall unemployment “has shown little movement, on net, since September 2012,” the Labor Department said.

bbsam

Staff member
Seems to me that, generally speaking, the economy is heading in the right direction and there will always be some pulling a statistical number out to make a political point.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Seems to me that, generally speaking, the economy is heading in the right direction and there will always be some pulling a statistical number out to make a political point.
Let's see, the number is about where it was when he took office....that's going NOWHERE!!! Or maybe at most going around in circles.

wkmac

Gas prices were $1.78.........they are $4.37 now !!! Go ahead, spin that!!!

Are you stipulating to bbsam's assertions and that now we should all go over to the "Gas Price" thread and discuss that?

As to jobs, I've often wondered what the year to year unemployment rates for this country have been since 1945' and where the unemployment rates now or even during the Bush years rank in relation to the historical average?

moreluck

golden ticket member
BBsam can do his own research. Unless it's the mid 6% range, the unemployment # sucks still.

When it was 7.7%, 4 years ago.....we commented how high it is.......that hasn't changed , even though some people have a perception problem now.

bbsam

Staff member
Gas prices were $1.78.........they are $4.37 now !!! Go ahead, spin that!!!

No spinning to it. The global recession would only support $1.78 per gallon. Had oil companies priced it at $5 per gallon, they would have priced themselves out of a profit. Global markets, baby. Those global markets are now supporting $3.55 per gallon in Iowa.

Easy money has changed the direction of jobs and the economy as a whole. The ultimate in trickle down. But more jobs does not mean less unemployment.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I don't think it has anything to do with being black. I think her side has been wrong and can't accept it so the go scrounging for data to prove otherwise.
Look at moreluck's posts going back to Katrina and further.

A jury would convict if being a racist was a crime.