Kim Davis - The Christian Rosa Parks

bbsam

Staff member
Why is that rich? This thread is about someone's religious beliefs and how some feel they go to far, where does skin color factor into that?
If it's about religious beliefs, why reference Rosa Parks? The title of the thread invites that both race and religion be addressed.

Maybe. But to equate this Kentucky religious freedom case with Rosa Parks and then insist race cannot be addressed is ridiculous.
Two different stories. Bottom line both people believed that things needed to be changed. Yes it's apples and oranges. But I believe that exaggerated point was made,to get everyone's attention.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with her. But we all have rights....no matter what that racist TOS says.

iowa boy

If it's about religious beliefs, why reference Rosa Parks? The title of the thread invites that both race and religion be addressed.

And who thru the reference to white people being fanatics out there? Rosa Parks stood up for something she believed in, as Kim Davis has. But Ms. Parks never forced her religious beliefs or what she believed in on anyone else. Kim Davis is using her religious beliefs to become judge and jury for anyone who is gay and wants to get married in her county.

bbsam

Staff member
Two different stories. Bottom line both people believed that things needed to be changed. Yes it's apples and oranges. But I believe that exaggerated point was made,to get everyone's attention.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with her. But we all have rights....no matter what that racist TOS says.
All means all and that includes TOS...and the other racists around here.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
All means all and that includes TOS...and the other racists around here.
image.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Unless of course you can tell me how Rosa Parks' religious convictions come into play here.

You have me mistaken for someone else. I never mentioned Rosa Park or her religious convictions.

Personally, I don't feel that this woman's situation compares to Rosa Park's situation for the same reasons that Soberups outlined.