Kim Davis - The Christian Rosa Parks

oldngray

nowhere special
Two different stories. Bottom line both people believed that things needed to be changed. Yes it's apples and oranges. But I believe that exaggerated point was made,to get everyone's attention.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with her. But we all have rights....no matter what that racist TOS says.

A better comparison might have been to compare her to the San Francisco mayor who issued gay marriage licenses when it was against the law because of his personal beliefs. And he wasn't thrown in jail about it either. Or even compare to Obama who chooses which laws he wants to enforce.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A better comparison might have been to compare her to the San Francisco mayor who issued gay marriage licenses when it was against the law because of his personal beliefs. And he wasn't thrown in jail about it either. Or even compare to Obama who chooses which laws he wants to enforce.

You were doing well up until your last sentence.

Rainman

Its all good.
After reading the links, it sounds like " it could have been this or that, but we really don't know."
No one can prove evolution, just as no one can prove creationism. It's a matter of faith which ever you think.
I personally don't put a lot of faith in the way scientists date things. Maybe they're right, or it could be another one if the many wrong assumptions made by the scientific leadership. Time will tell.
As for me personally, I find it hard to believe that mankind evolved from single cell organisms. Too much chance of dead ends along the way. I believe I read that it would take 1,000,000 mutations to change an ape to a man or vice versa. More than 2 mutations in a single generation would cause the fetus to abort. Think of the countless mutations it would take to creat a person from scratch. Even if something resembling a self aware, thinking person was born, think of the odds against it reaching the age where it could reproduce. It would be hard enough for one of us to survive in the wild, how much more so would it be for something without the knowledge and resources that we have at our disposal. How many dead ends? It takes a lot of faith to believe in evolution when you start thinking along those lines. I don't have that much faith.
Evolution sounds like a very tidy theory at first glance. Micro evolution, such as breeding different types of animals or plants, is realistic. We all know that. But macro evolution, such as people evolving from single cell organisms, doesn't stand on it's own 2 feet. Every "missing link" ever found has been determined to be either a man or ape. Not the missing link science has been searching for all these years.
Bible prophesy has never been disproved. Misinterpreted by some, but never been disproved. A lot of people throughout the centuries have tried to make the Bible out as a lie, but no one has succeeded. As I said earlier, it's a matter of faith.

oldngray

nowhere special
After reading the links, it sounds like " it could have been this or that, but we really don't know."
No one can prove evolution, just as no one can prove creationism. It's a matter of faith which ever you think.
I personally don't put a lot of faith in the way scientists date things. Maybe they're right, or it could be another one if the many wrong assumptions made by the scientific leadership. Time will tell.
As for me personally, I find it hard to believe that mankind evolved from single cell organisms. Too much chance of dead ends along the way. I believe I read that it would take 1,000,000 mutations to change an ape to a man or vice versa. More than 2 mutations in a single generation would cause the fetus to abort. Think of the countless mutations it would take to creat a person from scratch. Even if something resembling a self aware, thinking person was born, think of the odds against it reaching the age where it could reproduce. It would be hard enough for one of us to survive in the wild, how much more so would it be for something without the knowledge and resources that we have at our disposal. How many dead ends? It takes a lot of faith to believe in evolution when you start thinking along those lines. I don't have that much faith.
Evolution sounds like a very tidy theory at first glance. Micro evolution, such as breeding different types of animals or plants, is realistic. We all know that. But macro evolution, such as people evolving from single cell organisms, doesn't stand on it's own 2 feet. Every "missing link" ever found has been determined to be either a man or ape. Not the missing link science has been searching for all these years.
Bible prophesy has never been disproved. Misinterpreted by some, but never been disproved. A lot of people throughout the centuries have tried to make the Bible out as a lie, but no one has succeeded. As I said earlier, it's a matter of faith.

Most people get hung up on the evolution name tag and fail to understand the difference between micro and macro evolution.