Las Vegas Massacre - 58 killed, 515 hurt

floridays

Your apparent position makes no sense. You claim you are ok with people using recreational drugs. Then you throw in some nonsense about stealing from you as if that's a related point. Theft would still be illegal, no one is arguing otherwise. If you are fine with people using drugs why do you think it should remain illegal?
I'll try to be as clear as I can.
Personally, I don't care what drug you personally take or enjoy. Do not break into my house or rob me on the street to get money or goods from me to pay for your drug habit.
That is my personal position.
I don't think drug policy should be made in line with my personal opinion, it would be very detrimental to the nation. There are many associated problems with drug abuse that you are quite aware of, but the only one you seem to want to address is the criminality. I just do not see anything of value that will be added to our society by legalization. Extremely tough question for me because I don't personally care what you do with your body so long as no one else is affected, but I am smart enough to know that that will not be the case on a nationwide basis.
I hope that was clear, probably not, but I am very conflicted on the matter. I am under no illusion that I have all the answers, we just seem to have different points of view.

It will be fine

I'll try to be as clear as I can.
Personally, I don't care what drug you personally take or enjoy. Do not break into my house or rob me on the street to get money or goods from me to pay for your drug habit.
That is my personal position.
I don't think drug policy should be made in line with my personal opinion, it would be very detrimental to the nation. There are many associated problems with drug abuse that you are quite aware of, but the only one you seem to want to address is the criminality. I just do not see anything of value that will be added to our society by legalization. Extremely tough question for me because I don't personally care what you do with your body so long as no one else is affected, but I am smart enough to know that that will not be the case on a nationwide basis.
I hope that was clear, probably not, but I am very conflicted on the matter. I am under no illusion that I have all the answers, we just seem to have different points of view.
What value is added to society by prohibition?

BrownArmy

First set the perimeters, Which drugs are you talking about?

Guy, you don’t want to pay, great sentiment.

Fact is the policies you support make you pay twice, for unnecessary police action, and again for unnecessary prison time.

You’re literally paying twice for what you say you don’t want.

I’m not sure you’ve thought this through.

floridays

Guy, you don’t want to pay, great sentiment.

Fact is the policies you support make you pay twice, for unnecessary police action, and again for unnecessary prison time.

You’re literally paying twice for what you say you don’t want.

I’m not sure you’ve thought this through.
How many people do you know that do drugs and have never had one interaction with the police let alone been involved in the criminal justice system?
The bottom line, don't eff up doing drugs and you won't be incarcerated.

BrownArmy

How many people do you know that do drugs and have never had one interaction with the police let alone been involved in the criminal justice system?
The bottom line, don't eff up doing drugs and you won't be incarcerated.

Come on, that’s weak.

It would cost less to treat these addicts than it would to prosecute them and put them in prison.

I get it, you don’t want to pay, there’s a whole litany of things we both pay for as citizens that we’d rather not pay far.

But, as long as you’re paying, wouldn’t you like to pay less and have a better societal outcome?

Or do you just want to scream on the corner?

floridays

Come on, that’s weak.

It would cost less to treat these addicts than it would to prosecute them and put them in prison.

I get it, you don’t want to pay, there’s a whole litany of things we both pay for as citizens that we’d rather not pay far.

But, as long as you’re paying, wouldn’t you like to pay less and have a better societal outcome?

You're just another smart ice that thinks he has all the answers. I personally have been caught up in what we are speaking, as well as another family member, I've seen the truth from reality, you speak out your ice. If you want to do dope without consequences vote with your feet, move to a state that has legalized. I've paid for my past indiscretions, I'm sorry that I don't agree with you if that makes you happy. Just cause some jackice said I scream on the corner does't stick, I believe what I believe and am not easily swayed, and just as you I'm not shy about voicing it. You scream on the corner for legalization, what's the difference?

floridays

Come on, that’s weak.

You may think it is weak but you still didn't answer my question, how many people?

It will be fine

I don't know, you're the smart one I'll give you a little time to figure it out.
You're not very good at this whole intelligent debate thing. For the 3rd time, how does prohibition help society? If you can't answer it's ok, just admit there is no positive benefit and you like locking up recreational drug users regardless of the cost and negative outcomes.

floridays

You're not very good at this whole intelligent debate thing. For the 3rd time, how does prohibition help society? If you can't answer it's ok, just admit there is no positive benefit and you like locking up recreational drug users regardless of the cost and negative outcomes.
You're not very good at following a logical progression of an argument that would lead to your answer if you didn't dodge questions, or then disregard an answer without pursuing where it may lead. I've caught in a trap and you know it. Checkmate.