Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

airbusfxr

I think Jack and Joe will get what we need. I am not to willing to accept what the drivers get in 2013, most of the ones posting here want us to take the pay cut. Maybe the few the post on here are actually mgt faking it, if not who cares when they come whining in 2013 to shut down the airline like we did in '97.

Last edited:

poiuy

UPS's final contract offer is ridiculous! Voting on that offer will be a waste of time. At least we are at a turning point now. Start the 30 day cool down for the Strike, enough is enough!

Bring it to a vote. It's time to let the people be heard!

poiuy

I think Jack and Joe will get what we need. I am not to willing to accept what the drivers get in 2013, most of the ones posting here want us to take the pay cut. Maybe the few the post on here are actually mgt faking it, if not who cares when they come whining in 2013 to shut down the airline like we did in '97.

Jack and Joe will not save us.

Bring it to a vote!

D

Dis-organized Labor

Wow, your attitude sure has changed. Such a softie now..
WHere's the "I WILL NOT TAKE A PAY CUT" tough guy persona. Oh yeah, now you're just the good little Teamster Brother who has been kept down by the evil company. Your message (and yours alone, BTW) is " hey "Friends" we are one big happy family, please support our cause"? We love you guys...

Brother:thumbdown

mrv

Wow, your attitude sure has changed. Such a softie now..
WHere's the "I WILL NOT TAKE A PAY CUT" tough guy persona. Oh yeah, now you're just the good little Teamster Brother who has been kept down by the evil company. Your message (and yours alone, BTW) is " hey "Friends" we are one big happy family, please support our cause"? We love you guys...

Brother:thumbdown

Dol I think its time you got out of this virtual world and go talk to some Teamsters. If we strike or are locked out we will have the support of our fellow Teamsters and the IPA. I don't agree with our E-boards tactics and I'm sure a lot of Teamsters don't agree with our "fight". But in the end they will support us because we are all Teamsters, and Teamsters do not cross picket lines. Instead of degrading us and hoping for the worse you should be promoting this "final" offer as UPS has instructed.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Dol I think its time you got out of this virtual world and go talk to some Teamsters. If we strike or are locked out we will have the support of our fellow Teamsters and the IPA. I don't agree with our E-boards tactics and I'm sure a lot of Teamsters don't agree with our "fight". But in the end they will support us because we are all Teamsters, and Teamsters do not cross picket lines. Instead of degrading us and hoping for the worse you should be promoting this "final" offer as UPS has instructed.

I am not degrading the Teamsters at all. I'm degrading Airbusfxr for his continuos lying and spinning of reality and why things are as they currently are.
You can probably find some very early DOL posts where it sounded as if I was generalizing allunion members, but that was not my intent. I'm managed you guys, I've managed my Sups, BP's and Admins. For the most part, I still think that 90% do not want to get mixed up in the BS, just do their job and go home.

Just like me.

However, to keep asking for more and more and more and never be willing to compromise is, in my opinion, just wrong.

mrv

I am not degrading the Teamsters at all. I'm degrading Airbusfxr for his continuos lying and spinning of reality and why things are as they currently are.
You can probably find some very early DOL posts where it sounded as if I was generalizing allunion members, but that was not my intent. I'm managed you guys, I've managed my Sups, BP's and Admins. For the most part, I still think that 90% do not want to get mixed up in the BS, just do their job and go home.

Just like me.

However, to keep asking for more and more and more and never be willing to compromise is, in my opinion, just wrong.

DOL you must admit these were never real negotiations. UPS from the start did not negotiate in good faith and were bound and determined to get a concessionary contract at all costs. They took advantage of a weak E-board and ratcheted up the pressure by laying off people and creating a toxic work enviroment. This E-board never had an opportunity to compromiseand and are just pawns in a bigger game to force concessions on all Teamsters.

This E-boards inexperience and grade school tactics did not help, but UPS has now backed them into a corner and their only way out is to strike. UPS is playing a dangerous game. What happens if this E-board does not put this contract up for a vote? What if its voted down? At this point there is no longer any room to compromise from either side.

Nobody wants to strike, but you are being foolish if you think we won't get any support, or that UPS is in a position to allow it to happen.

BTW- I just want to do my job without all this drama too.

Fur-low

This E-boards inexperience and grade school tactics did not help, but UPS has now backed them into a corner and their only way out is to strike. UPS is playing a dangerous game. What happens if this E-board does not put this contract up for a vote? What if its voted down? At this point there is no longer any room to compromise from either side.

Yes.. Why not put it to a vote??? Who's afraid & why?? I don't get! It's voted down.... so....we strike!! The company can't bitch & say the E-LORDS are not passing this on to the members. By the way .. I thought the E-LORDS stated on the hot line in (DEC) that they were " In the process of requesting to be released" what dose that mean????? Are we released??

No one wants to strike. So true..... How can they lock out all the Teamsters??

I may be gone.. But not out!!! I'm still a Teamster.

Fur-low

"bigger game to force concessions on all Teamsters."

I hope the other 285,000 Teamsters remember the 150 from the air side who were sacrificed for the cause.

D

Dis-organized Labor

DOL you must admit these were never real negotiations. UPS from the start did not negotiate in good faith and were bound and determined to get a concessionary contract at all costs. They took advantage of a weak E-board and ratcheted up the pressure by laying off people and creating a toxic work enviroment. This E-board never had an opportunity to compromiseand and are just pawns in a bigger game to force concessions on all Teamsters.

Nobody wants to strike, but you are being foolish if you think we won't get any support, or that UPS is in a position to allow it to happen.

BTW- I just want to do my job without all this drama too.

These talks didn't just start 6 months ago, and you're foolish to think anyone is foolish enough to think that. As far as a weak e-board? Who voted them in? Are they adrift on an island and totally on their own with no input or advice from anyone? That's a choice made by your union, my friend.

D

Dis-organized Labor

"bigger game to force concessions on all Teamsters."

I hope the other 285,000 Teamsters remember the 150 from the air side who were sacrificed for the cause.

You must be a newbie. After deregulation, layoffs in this industry were as common as a head cold. That's one reason, I went b eyond my A&P. Oh yeah, plus not having to work nights, holidays, weekends and in that constant Louisville 15 degree temps, some spin doctor talked about on another thread. Things were better temporarily (20 years), but this is not 2000 anymore, yet some on this thread, have no creativity as to how to get close to what you "need" (which is different from "want". My situation has changed too. In the "logic", I keep reading, who should you not get less like I am? I keep reading about how much money the Company makes in profit; let's take it down a few notches and comapre your bosses compensation to yours. Are you only going to compare what you should get based on Company profits? Why don't I get an equal vote and say your compensation should be based on managements? I know about the contract and everything, but humor me and answer my question.
Oh and dig through the AMFA siate and see how much more UPS airline mechanics make over SWA mechanics.
I asked Airbus clown to gain some creditability, but he won't and he doesn't have any and he's probably lubing a 757 at the moment.

airbusfxr

Your right I am working and you are surfing the net. You cannot be any person of interest in Aircraft Maintenace, even people at the AGB understand what a mechanic does at UPS. Lets see, if you are a fog or planning mgr, you have 2 or 3 sups, 2 bps and 1 admin. You get starbucks for the ladies and drinks after work for the guys, YOU have no idea what goes on at the ramp. Leikites and Johnson and you will see when Jack and Joe show back up. At least those 2 guys understand (a little) what the mechanics do to provide safe service for our customers, you are just worried about tee times and fantasy football lineups. You might even be a Purdue grad, but the only good thing from that degree mill, has been Drew Brees. The way you think and post, at the most, you are probably a pt sup at the SDF ramp.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hey Air, apparently you weren't working at the time of your post: 12:55PM in my time zone. Just sayin'.........................................

mrv

These talks didn't just start 6 months ago, and you're foolish to think anyone is foolish enough to think that. As far as a weak e-board? Who voted them in? Are they adrift on an island and totally on their own with no input or advice from anyone? That's a choice made by your union, my friend.

Dol i understand you must take the company's position. The release of the Final offer was recinded. The Airline was gearing up for a propagada campain to push the "Final" offer when the Lawyers in Atlanta shut them down and management is not to speak of it now. Apparently UPS released this information in an attempt to influence negotiations outside of the mediation board.

Was this a honest mistake, or a dirty trick? You know as well as I do that this "final" offer was released to undermine the negotiations. The NMB will admonish UPS but the the damage is already done. Now thats what I call negotiating in good faith!

mrv

You must be a newbie. After deregulation, layoffs in this industry were as common as a head cold. That's one reason, I went b eyond my A&P. Oh yeah, plus not having to work nights, holidays, weekends and in that constant Louisville 15 degree temps, some spin doctor talked about on another thread. Things were better temporarily (20 years), but this is not 2000 anymore, yet some on this thread, have no creativity as to how to get close to what you "need" (which is different from "want". My situation has changed too. In the "logic", I keep reading, who should you not get less like I am? I keep reading about how much money the Company makes in profit; let's take it down a few notches and comapre your bosses compensation to yours. Are you only going to compare what you should get based on Company profits? Why don't I get an equal vote and say your compensation should be based on managements? I know about the contract and everything, but humor me and answer my question.
Oh and dig through the AMFA siate and see how much more UPS airline mechanics make over SWA mechanics.
I asked Airbus clown to gain some creditability, but he won't and he doesn't have any and he's probably lubing a 757 at the moment.

Nice to know you went beyond you A&P. That was the right choice for you, but it does not make you any better that the guys slugging it out on the ramp keeping these aircraft flying. We make what we do thru good faith negotiations that UPS signed off on, degrading us for what UPS has agreed to pay us simply goes to the hatred you have for people just trying to do their jobs. You say you have worked for the Airline for 20 years, have you ever had a good experiences with a mechanic? Are we all just lazy slugs bleeding UPS dry? Everyone in this company has a vital role in making things work, even those overpaid aircraft mechanics.

poiuy

Leikites and Johnson and you will see when Jack and Joe show back up. At least those 2 guys understand (a little) what the mechanics do to provide safe service for our customers, you are just worried about tee times and fantasy football lineups.

You sound like a little kid that is threatening to get your big brothers. "Jack and Joe will show you, Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah!" Grow up man!

If the e-board claims to represent mechanics,
BRING IT TO A VOTE

mrv

You sound like a little kid that is threatening to get your big brothers. "Jack and Joe will show you, Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah!" Grow up man!

If the e-board claims to represent mechanics,
BRING IT TO A VOTE

The E-board will not bring it to the membership and the NMB will probably put us in recess because UPS circumvented the process.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I won't quote anyone that posts on here.

MRV, with the crap with CookDaddy and SKYKING, I sense you are the third entity. Don't know; but I wonder.

You know as well as I do that this "final" offer was released to undermine the negotiations

I don't know this at all. My Labor Group does, but I don't and I absolutely know that you don't

Airbuskr.... There are certain people that you should not mess with... Dilli; AJ; Fethers; More; DOL.
You have no creditability as it is, but be very afraid of who you are nasty to. Mean it!

mrv

Your right DOL I really don't know anything. Its all speculation, just wondering what your opinion is on these matters. After all thats why we post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.