Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrv

Dysfuntional Manger, why are you harrasing me? We all make our career choices and if UPSSOCKS couldnt make it as a driver and now is a marginal manager let the door hit him in the #%& when he cleans out his cubicle. Scott Davis is an airline guy and he is tired of deadwood dragging us all down, we are drowning and the weak must be let go to save the majority of us. This has been the best thing ever to save UPS from imploding, leaving us like DHL/ABX. DM you are obsessed with our contract and in reality it has NOTHING to do with you. Do not worry what we are paid, what our benefits are, it is above your pay grade.

I miss DOL's input. He's dealing with the same insanity we are...just from the other side of the fence.

ACE

The company is going around the E-board and just released what they are offering us. Also Fed Ex just got a 3% raise and make as much as we do!

mrv

The company is going around the E-board and just released what they are offering us. Also Fed Ex just got a 3% raise and make as much as we do!

UPS has worn us down to the point that they expect us to accept a concessionary contract. This E-board needs to step down and the process re-started with a new E-board. UPS is using a weak E-board to jam their contract down our throughts!

The E-board needs to do the right thing and delay the process by stepping down and allowing the new E-board to re-negotiate the contract. Taking us out on strike or allowing a lockout would be the worse thing we can do.

ACE

UPS has worn us down to the point that they expect us to accept a concessionary contract. This E-board needs to step down and the process re-started with a new E-board. UPS is using a weak E-board to jam their contract down our throughts!

The E-board needs to do the right thing and delay the process by stepping down and allowing the new E-board to re-negotiate the contract. Taking us out on strike or allowing a lockout would be the worse thing we can do.

4 Years of Negotiations and this is all we have to show for it. What a joke! No wonder our E-board wouldn't present this to us. I'd be ashamed to present this to the membership too. Two terms of doing nothing but bash Darmento and this all you have to show for 4 years of negotiations. All the stories about how well we are so respected in our three piece suits.

Fed Ex now makes more than we do and they pay no union dues. What do our dues get us? We have a mechanic still working while probably 20 or so are on the street that have more time than he does? Hows that for representation?

mrv

4 Years of Negotiations and this is all we have to show for it. What a joke! No wonder our E-board wouldn't present this to us. I'd be ashamed to present this to the membership too. Two terms of doing nothing but bash Darmento and this all you have to show for 4 years of negotiations. All the stories about how well we are so respected in our three piece suits.

Fed Ex now makes more than we do and they pay no union dues. What do our dues get us? We have a mechanic still working while probably 20 or so are on the street that have more time than he does? Hows that for representation?

You have to remember UPS regreted signing our last contract before the ink was dry! Their whole focus on these negotiations is to recoup what they feel is a bad contract. At no point have they negotiated in good faith!

Our current E-board rode in on Joe's coat tails thinking it would be easy, not recognizing that UPS was never going to negotiate in good faith. Now UPS is using a weak E-board to exploit our membership, violate our contract and destroy lives in an effort to force us to accept a concessionay contract.

Amature hour is over! The best thing we can do is nothing and start over with a professional negotiating team that will not be intimidated or terrorized by UPS.

THE TIME HAS COME! TAKE THE TRAINING WHEELS OFF!

Last edited:

ACE

attachment.php

pigfarmers.jpg

mrv

I guess the next step is for the NMB to declare a 30 day cooling off period. We will strike or be locked out, in either case we will be forced to vote on this Last offer by UPS. Another steller performance by our E-board! At least the details are out for the membership to decide and for our new E-board to prepare.

Wonder if the T-shirt issue was resolved?

Obi-Wan

UPS's final contract offer is ridiculous! Voting on that offer will be a waste of time. At least we are at a turning point now. Start the 30 day cool down for the Strike, enough is enough!

UPSSOCKS

UPS's final contract offer is ridiculous! Voting on that offer will be a waste of time. At least we are at a turning point now. Start the 30 day cool down for the Strike, enough is enough!

Please strike, none of you are needed. Trust me. Strike, Strike, Strike, Strike.......

airbusfxr

The last and final offer is not acceptable. The E-Board should call off talks and wait till the new guys come show up in October. Our current contract has us below SWA and FDX and I can wait till Joe and Jack show up to get a fair days pay for a fair days work.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

The last and final offer is not acceptable. The E-Board should call off talks and wait till the new guys come show up in October. Our current contract has us below SWA and FDX and I can wait till Joe and Jack show up to get a fair days pay for a fair days work.

I agree, if we don't get a fair offer, we will wait until October. Once again we were removed from the public eye under the, "RECENT THREADS". I just don't get what there is to hide? UPS runs like a machine, no conscience, why make it look like a Disney story book and hide the truth?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
FYI:
Our server is completely overloaded right now. Thousands of database errors and service disruptions have plagued our forum over the past few days.

This thread is huge, serving it uses up a lot more resources than a normal thread. This forum was removed from the recent threads feed yesterday because of the repeated thread bumping. Manipulating the organic content of the recent threads list doesn't add meaningful content to the forum and is a drain of our server's resources. It makes no sense to allow this kind of abuse at a time when our server is already bursting at the seams.

Sorry, at the moment we just don't have enough server resources available to indulge attention seeking behavior.

To stop the drain of resources I chose to remove this forum from the recent threads feed. If you'd prefer I can lock this thread so that no one can bump it again and then put this forum back into the recent threads feed. Surely there is some topic that you've discussed in this thread that you could discuss in a lighter weight thread that wouldn't eat up so many of our thinly stretched resources.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I miss DOL's input. He's dealing with the same insanity we are...just from the other side of the fence.

Thank you.

By the way All, I HAVE NOT been threatening Airbusfxr!

It is just an adolescent attempt at either drawing me into an argument or trying to make me look bad. Either way, this thread has been buried where no one sees it anymore anyway. I am not rushing to get my tools rolled out. Maybe 10 of you guys may strike, but I don't think there's enough support within the airline. Hey, how about a clever "February to Remember" campaign???

airbusfxr

Cheryl, you can do as you please. There are 6 threads on the MGT pushout, maybe you could also combine those. Like I stated you can remove all that you want and need to provide service commitments. Thanks for letting us know the reason for the reductions. Your #1 fan Airbusfxr

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thank you.

By the way All, I HAVE NOT been threatening Airbusfxr!

It is just an adolescent attempt at either drawing me into an argument or trying to make me look bad. Either way, this thread has been buried where no one sees it anymore anyway. I am not rushing to get my tools rolled out. Maybe 10 of you guys may strike, but I don't think there's enough support within the airline. Hey, how about a clever "February to Remember" campaign???
DOL, he's just jealous of your winning personality. :happy-very:

airbusfxr

What is the world record for a RLA contract being worked on while expired? I will wait till Joe and Jack come in and work for 4 more years then get an eighty grand retro and free health care.

mrv

We are now offically at a impase. The E-board will not allow this "Final offer" to come to a vote. Its now up the the NMB to set the pace. My guess is we will be released and a Strike or Lockout will follow. Nobody wants to strike and the history of strikes in this industry is not good.

Dol even though there may not be wide spread support for a strike we have no option but to support a strike, the National and IPA will support us for a while and this will turn into a mess for everyone.

If it comes to a strike every Teamster needs to holds the line and support each other or we will all be doomed.

Lets hope the NMB put the talks in recess until October.

Last edited:

fr8dog

It's to the piont now as we should just keep stalling and not pay healthcare until drivers get there contract in 2013 and see if they pay for it.

mrv

It's to the piont now as we should just keep stalling and not pay healthcare until drivers get there contract in 2013 and see if they pay for it.

Thats what this is really about. UPS is setting the table for the National contract in 2013. Our contract is a drop in the bucket compared to the real fight in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.