Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Women dancing on poles would be strippers....unless they are wearing stripes, then they would be striped strippers !!

Obi-Wan

I would expect that the release will be requested by David Bourne by the end of the week. Stalling will accomplish nothing.

Now is the time!

airbusfxr

Heard that the USAToday will get full page ad stating "UPS Airline Mechanics set to strike". With no talks slated who cares if we go under. Everyone else gets raises and has valid contracts. Let the chips fall where they may. Either give me retro or give me a picket line.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Heard that the USAToday will get full page ad stating "UPS Airline Mechanics set to strike". With no talks slated who cares if we go under. Everyone else gets raises and has valid contracts. Let the chips fall where they may. Either give me retro or give me a picket line.

WOW, you really know how to rally the troops!

airbusfxr

Your right 705, but you have received a raise for '06, '07, 08, 09, and will get one this year. Dont worry in '11 when you start paying 162 a month for health care will you ask for support. The company is asking us to pay for health care but the raise doesnt cover the cost, SO THAT IS A PAYCUT. If you and your brothers and sisters had been without a contract for 5 years how would you feel? It is easy to look and laugh at us for going without but it has to end and the RLA of 1929 is ALL WE HAVE. Please read the press release and understand we have NO OTHER option except to be released, it is not personal it is strictly business. UPS has told us no to raises, NO to free health care, NO to retro, NO to 401k match and yes to layoffs and yes to more subcontracting. The mediator has said "NO more talks" so what would you do? What would 705 ask for? Your lucky, the NLRB has strict guidelines and you guys get a fair contract, why do you think UPS wants FDX to end up like us with the NMB crap? 705 what would you do in our situation?

fr8dog

Strippers, stripers, we can't figure out how to catch em anyway's. Which one takes the 5 bucks out of ur mouth at the alaska busch ..... never mind. look, company wants 167 bucks a month for healthcare even though the company is making money. the partimers r starting to whisper "what they don't make enough". they dont want the 167 from us. they want it from YOU!!!! Talked to a single mom on the ramp that ive known for 10-15 yrs. she knows i make good money, she says to me " i cant afford 167 bucks a month". What do they plan on doing with the 167 bucks a month from 200,000 plus teamsters...let me take a stab at in.....davis's pocket..Wake the friend up.

UPSSOCKS

Your right 705, but you have received a raise for '06, '07, 08, 09, and will get one this year. Dont worry in '11 when you start paying 162 a month for health care will you ask for support. The company is asking us to pay for health care but the raise doesnt cover the cost, SO THAT IS A PAYCUT. If you and your brothers and sisters had been without a contract for 5 years how would you feel? It is easy to look and laugh at us for going without but it has to end and the RLA of 1929 is ALL WE HAVE. Please read the press release and understand we have NO OTHER option except to be released, it is not personal it is strictly business. UPS has told us no to raises, NO to free health care, NO to retro, NO to 401k match and yes to layoffs and yes to more subcontracting. The mediator has said "NO more talks" so what would you do? What would 705 ask for? Your lucky, the NLRB has strict guidelines and you guys get a fair contract, why do you think UPS wants FDX to end up like us with the NMB crap? 705 what would you do in our situation?

give this sissy a tissue

fxdwg

Long Time Member
You might want to sell some UPS stock. I suggest buying FDX.

Poor timing. FDX is over 90+ now. The time to buy was 2009.
Want to buy a good long stock??? UPS!

Are you a short? There are many that fluctuate that are worth nothing. UPS is worth morth than FDX in terms of Op revenue, assets, holdings, etc. Check the futures tab on Yahoo Finance and you'll see UPS is offererd at $90+ Look at others.

Fur-low

http://www.aircargonews.net/News/Unexpectedly-rapid-recovery-strengthens-in-March.aspx

Looks like we are going to need more Planes, Mechanics and Pilots....and a contract. Otherwise UPS will miss the big recovery!

Freighter crashes in Philippines killing three

22-Apr-2010
AN Interisland Airlines freighter has crashed in the Philippines killing three of its six crew.
Flying from Mactan to Pampanga the An-12 suffered an electrical fire forcing the pilot to try an emergency landing, however it then exploded in flames on impact breaking into two pieces.

The aircraft was chartered by UPS from Interisland.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Are those Bomber windows in the front? I read that all Russian airplanes were set up with a Bombardier station in the front.
Did the Charter Agreement cause the crash?

mrv

No telling how many Aircraft are being chartered to suppliment the Airlines lack of lift. They chartered Atlas for the Ipad deliveries.....5 747-400 because they could not provide enough lift. Little premature with the DC8 retirement. I guess they thought the economy would never recover.

Last edited:

unionman

Poor timing. FDX is over 90+ now. The time to buy was 2009.
Want to buy a good long stock??? UPS!

Are you a short? There are many that fluctuate that are worth nothing. UPS is worth morth than FDX in terms of Op revenue, assets, holdings, etc. Check the futures tab on Yahoo Finance and you'll see UPS is offererd at $90+ Look at others.

I think it will fall to 60 in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.