this will be my family's way out of poverty now that I've been physically outsourced to a village in India

Thebrownblob

I don’t want a pension or a 401k. I want the company to give me a powerball ticket with my paycheck every week
Honestly, with the way, some of these guys run literally all day, skip their lunch, come in early and load the truck, and doing 200 to 250 stops daily, a lottery ticket might be a better option than them actually making it 25 to 30 years at this job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Powerball Jackpot Surges to $1.4 Billion​

Sat, Oct 7, 2023​

ESTIMATED JACKPOT
$1.40 Billion

CASH VALUE $643.7 Million

oldngray

nowhere special
carl_sagan.jpg

So if you take the cash payout what happens to the other 800 million??? Taxes, or are they separate??
They only have the "cash value" on hand. $1.4B is what you would get if you took payments based off of the cash value mutually invested. If you took the cash, the taxes would be taken from the $643M, bringing home between $375M - $400M in most states.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They only have the "cash value" on hand. $1.4B is what you would get if you took payments based off of the cash value mutually invested. If you took the cash, the taxes would be taken from the $643M, bringing home between $375M - $400M in most states.
I think the $1.4 billion is paid over 30 years

Actually it's paid over 29 years.
The first year one gets a double payment.
Then the following years it's a payment plus some interest.
It's over 29 years because you get payment one today, then twenty-nine more, one each successive year. It's not doubled the first year, it's really just a technicality.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No winner for Saturday's drawing.
Jackpot goes to $1.55B
Cash Option is $679.8
I expect those numbers to climb some more by Monday's drawing.