Managers doing Routes!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Another conversation that never happened like your “offer” to do your job for a week or whatever bull:censored2: you made up.

I've asked people plenty of times on this board why they don't go into management and they say it's too much stress, work, etc. The same people, at some other point, will say that managers have it made and don't have to do anything. It's a summary of conversations. They say whatever fits the occasion. TTKU.

AB831

I've asked people plenty of times on this board why they don't go into management and they say it's too much stress, work, etc. The same people, at some other point, will say that managers have it made and don't have to do anything. It's a summary of conversations. They say whatever fits the occasion. TTKU.
I’ve never seen a single person say that.

Flaco50

I’d be happy to just have a checkride on my route once every year or two. Mainly I’d like that just so the manager can sweat his balls off with me and be forced to buy my lunch.
Looks like check rides have been eliminated, haven't had one in quite awhile.....at least not until you back into a post or whatever lol

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Looks like check rides have been eliminated, haven't had one in quite awhile.....at least not until you back into a post or whatever lol
They might as well be eliminated. All managers wanted to do on check rides is talk on their cell phones or check emails.

bacha29

They might as well be eliminated. All managers wanted to do on check rides is talk on their cell phones or check emails.
Not eliminated, just suspended temporarily so that managers can get in shape for peak because something tells me that a LOT of them are going to be running daily routes.

AB831

Not eliminated, just suspended temporarily so that managers can get in shape for peak because something tells me that a LOT of them are going to be running daily routes.
I disagree. Instead, they’ll be running daily routes to Lowe's to buy tarps while demanding that the peons work 14 hour shifts 7 days a week, starting the week after Thanksgiving.

59 Dano

I disagree. Instead, they’ll be running daily routes to Lowe's to buy tarps while demanding that the peons work 14 hour shifts 7 days a week, starting the week after Thanksgiving.

LOL, if only.

Ops/seniors are already submitting HR reqs for peak casuals. Stations are being encouraged to take on as many as they think they'll need and then some on top of that.

falcon back

LOL, if only.

Ops/seniors are already submitting HR reqs for peak casuals. Stations are being encouraged to take on as many as they think they'll need and then some on top of that.
Bacha said he applied for one of those positions. PLEASE do what you can to make sure we do not hire someone of his character. Pull out all stops.

bacha29

Bacha said he applied for one of those positions. PLEASE do what you can to make sure we do not hire someone of his character. Pull out all stops.
Your a liar. i didn't apply An express friend mentioned me to station management who called me in for an interview. As a courtesy to my friend I went over. 17.5 hours and zero benefits. Nobody in their right mind is going to be willing to be chained to an employment situation such as that when you're talking about such a small amount of overall income.

And getting full time in the current transition away from it? Hell may not have frozen over by the time you get full time but the water's getting awfully cold.

AB831

LOL, if only.

And I’m sure as in all cases, they will grossly miscalculate.

falcon back

Your a liar. i didn't apply An express friend mentioned me to station management who called me in for an interview. As a courtesy to my friend I went over. 17.5 hours and zero benefits. Nobody in their right mind is going to be willing to be chained to an employment situation such as that when you're talking about such a small amount of overall income.

And getting full time in the current transition away from it? Hell may not have frozen over by the time you get full time but the water's getting awfully cold.
Would you let someone know your Express friends name. He must be terminated IMMEDIATELY. Anyone that would recommend you for a job is trying to sabotage the entire organization.

bacha29

“As a courtesy to my friend”

That’s the biggest line of crap I’ve read here today.
He didn't have to do what he did and it was a polite gesture that deserved a polite response. Unlike the groveling and kowtowing that old falcon fart and Dano did and continues to do in order to court the favor of Fat Freddy.

And furthermore it was like what Colonel Vandeleur said to General Horrocks........."I had nothing else planned for this afternoon".

59 Dano

And I’m sure as in all cases, they will grossly miscalculate.

I'm sure there are a few managers who'll look to hire as few as possible for one crazy reason or another. The rest? As many as possible, and then a few more on top of that.

AB831

I'm sure there are a few managers who'll look to hire as few as possible for one crazy reason or another. The rest? As many as possible, and then a few more on top of that.
They’ll do nothing more and nothing less than exactly what they’re told by their superiors. FedEx ops managers are unskilled workers with zero business acumen, so anything affecting actual dollars and cents will come down from high above their heads.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They’ll do nothing more and nothing less than exactly what they’re told by their superiors. FedEx ops managers are unskilled workers with zero business acumen, so anything affecting actual dollars and cents will come down from high above their heads.
Unless their incompetence obstructs them. Many wake up to a new world every day, and they forget that peak comes in December.