Meaningless Fluff

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah, I edited my post after I realized the video linked was Dana Carvey's character. I looked at it quickly and thought it was Gilda's character Miss Emily Litella.

DS

Fenderbender
I was sure you ran on batteries?
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
which supervisor deserves a good hittin'
brown paper packages tied up with string,
meaningless fluff is a wonderful thing.
When the air's late,when the dog bites,when I'm feeling bad,
I simply remember the meaningless fluff,
then I don't feel so bad.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I like snow.

It is very pretty when it falls and makes a Norman Rockwell landscape picture.

It is never fun to come to work in the snow. It is more fun to stay at home and make snow angels.
Snow is fluffy!!!!

Our UPS drivers are very skilled. I am never afraid when I see them driving in the snow or ice.
It is all those other people that don't understand that you need to adjust your driving habits for the conditions outside.
I like snow.
I don't like extreme cold.

upschuck

Random thought...
Is it a good thing or a bad thing to be the last poster of a thread. Good because there is nothing left to be said, or bad because you killed it? or something else

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks----I will look in to that.

I went to Jiffy Lube because that is where I always took my 2010 Altima and they offer $24.99 oil changes. I was shocked when they told me I had to use synthetic oil.

I pickup at our local Nissan dealer so I will ask them about the Mobil 1----I don't want to do anything that would/could void the warranty.

Turns out that Jiffy Lube was not entirely truthful with me. I spoke to the service rep at the Nissan dealership and he told me that Nissan recommends the use of synthetic oil but that it is not required. He also gave me an "you should have had it done here"----he's right but their service hours do not work well with my schedule. So an oil change that should have cost me $24.99 plus tax cost me $73.99 (after $10 coupon) plus tax.

Lesson learned.

Now that I have used synthetic oil do I have to continue using it or can I go back to conventional oil without causing damage to the engine?

Turns out that Jiffy Lube was not entirely truthful with me. I spoke to the service rep at the Nissan dealership and he told me that Nissan recommends the use of synthetic oil but that it is not required. He also gave me an "you should have had it done here"----he's right but their service hours do not work well with my schedule. So an oil change that should have cost me $24.99 plus tax cost me $73.99 (after $10 coupon) plus tax.

Lesson learned.

Now that I have used synthetic oil do I have to continue using it or can I go back to conventional oil without causing damage to the engine?
I would stay with the synthetic. You don't have to change your oil as often and it's better for the car in the long term. If you trade it in every three years it really doesn't matter but if you are keeping her stay with the synthetic.