Mike R removed from UPS Negotiating Team

F

Frankie's Friend

Let the professionals go to work.

Are member's.... going to "jump the shark" with petty concerns ?

We are early in the game.

Relax.

-Bug-
Shark? The shark got canned with mike the tuna.
All we got left is a couple blowfishes.
This hapenning "early in the game" is what is alarming dude.

Coldworld

Not publicly.

Sean O would need to put it out there.

The General President, is not under any obligation to explain it.

-Bug-
It doesn’t matter... it basically has elevated Sean O. into a leading position in the next election for teamsters president... regardless if Hall decides to run or not....

Coldworld

That's kind of a 180.... from this.

27972153_10155388806461270_8287595025308263974_n.jpg

Just say'n....
This is old news bug....all the respect to you for being in the trenches for 50 years for helping members in your local but sometimes union leadership have to play the game to get what they want later... a chess match comes to mind.. @wide load knows Sean and he has been a solid shooter on here afaic over the years...we need some new leadweship and at this point many of us are willing to try something different... anything different...Sean fits that bill IMO...

Tony Q

I believe there to be more to the story. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Tony Q
Ok

I believe there to be more to the story. Maybe I'm wrong though.[/QUOTE]Tony Q
Ok

I believe there to be more to the story. Maybe I'm wrong though.[/QUOTE]Tony Q
Ok
I just like reviewing this to mske sure this situation is visible. Lets quit presuming we know it all just cause these folks have a will to support their members vs kissing the ring.[/QUOTE]
I'm really sorry but I had to step away from the computer brother. It looks like you were having some sort of a melt down. Ask me your question again I'll try and answer is a little quicker.

Tony Q

You said thst you didnt know below. Do you want to edit this post or the last one below?

I believe there to be more to the story. Maybe I'm wrong .
:Tony Q
You post like you have all the answers dude. Now what?

That question/issue i posted and got ignored as well. Youve gotta select your posts wisely, they may be "loaded" as Tony Q warns. Wheres 542 with all his/her wisdom? They lit the fuse with seans removal, now theyre squashing naysayers to set the example early. Wheres the faith boys? This cba will be one to watch since ("turn the script page") hof knows ups overwhelmingly voted against him. @BigUnionGuy we know you hate tdu but we really dont care dude. Really dont.[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to understand your question. What was it again?

Tony Q

@Tony Q, what is this new format you are posting under.
I believe it is because sickofit messed up the quote option and I quoted it, causing a chain reaction. The guy kind of seems upset, so I'd really like to answer his question. In my opinion I think its way to early to get this worked up over the contract. It's still February after all.

Tony Q

Did we ever get an explanation from Hoffa as to why Sean O was removed as Small Package Director???

What a mess.
I'll take a stab at why Sean was removed. It is the opinion of some that he got fired on purpose. He knew this contract was a no win situation. He took the job with the intention of getting fired. This way he plays the role of martyr while instantly being identifiable with a certain demographic as a reformer instead of a bully.

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I'll take a stab at why Sean was removed. It is the opinion of some that he got fired on purpose. He knew this contract was a no win situation. He took the job with the intention of getting fired. This way he plays the role of martyr while instantly being identifiable with a certain demographic as a reformer instead of a bully.
So he took the job with the intention of getting fired? Yet his master plan to get fired was to do the job we all wanted him to do? I can see if he wasn’t doing jack ship, but to get fired for bringing the best together is a stretch.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I believe it is because sickofit messed up the quote option and I quoted it, causing a chain reaction. The guy kind of seems upset, so I'd really like to answer his question. In my opinion I think its way to early to get this worked up over the contract. It's still February after all.
I had issues last night with several quotes, but was able to edit them into coherent form after several attempts?
Not sure if it was my machine or the site, but now.....???

As far as whether it's late or "way to early"????.....I think early sailed 5 years ago when we weren't told the truth, in what turned out to be a slight of hand hard sell after the fact.

Many UPSer's are at a heightened state of anxiety over how the last contract played out, and rightfully so.

While I didn't vote for many in the room for the Union this time around, I still view this as a poker game at this point, and do see a need for the cards to held close to the chest.

It is what it is now, so we need to let those who were "chosen" to do their jobs, while these officials need to be patient and understanding of the added scrutiny that they most certainly brought on themselves.

F

Frankie's Friend

I had issues last night with several quotes, but was able to edit them into coherent form after several attempts?

As far as whether it's late or "way to early"????.....I think early sailed 5 years ago when we weren't told the truth, in what turned out to be a slight of hand hard sell after the fact.

Many UPSer's are at a heightened state of anxiety over how the last contract played out, and rightfully so.

While I didn't vote for many in the room for the Union this time around, I still view this as a poker game at this point, and do see a need for the cards to held close to the chest.

It is what it is now, so we need to let those who were "chosen" to do their jobs, while these officials need to be patient and understanding of the added scrutiny that they most certainly brought on themselves.
Tell em dude. Tony baloney wont understand the easy questions about what he posted so he plays deaf and/or dumb. Bout the same in my book homie. Im not going to revisit his blast that he later recanted. My posting is his problem now. That makes a lot of sense to someone otjer than me i hope.
So he took the job with the intention of getting fired? Yet his master plan to get fired was to do the job we all wanted him to do? I can see if he wasn’t doing jack ship, but to get fired for bringing the best together is a stretch.
Brother dont question him. He's got the answers. Just work with him dude. He's probably tdu to. Just sayin right @BigUnionGuy ? Carry on.

F

Frankie's Friend

:Tony Q
You post like you have all the answers dude. Now what?

That question/issue i posted and got ignored as well. Youve gotta select your posts wisely, they may be "loaded" as Tony Q warns. Wheres 542 with all his/her wisdom? They lit the fuse with seans removal, now theyre squashing naysayers to set the example early. Wheres the faith boys? This cba will be one to watch since ("turn the script page") hof knows ups overwhelmingly voted against him. @BigUnionGuy we know you hate tdu but we really dont care dude. Really dont.

Dude do you no how to post or r u anhourover too?

F

Frankie's Friend

@Bubblehead don't we need people like Fred negotiating for members? He is a smart guy and it would make the existing GP/ST look good to hammer out an excellent cba with all hands on deck as a brotherhood.

The political games we play...and with the GP likely to possibly retire shortly the best thing for him to do is to put people like sean and fred in place to negotiate and keep his dad's life work shining for another generation.

It's time to put away the prejudices and fight for strong contracts using the best of the best.

Life can be better if some try a little harder.

Tony Q

I respect that logic.

Tony Q

@Bubblehead don't we need people like Fred negotiating for members? He is a smart guy and it would make the existing GP/ST look good to hammer out an excellent cba with all hands on deck as a brotherhood.

The political games we play...and with the GP likely to possibly retire shortly the best thing for him to do is to leave people like sean and fred in place to keep his dad's life work shining for another generation.

It's time to put away the prejudices and fight for strong contracts using the best of the best.

Life can be better if some try a little harder.
I bet you the GP doesn't retire till the end of the term.

Tony Q

I'll tell you this. Whoever is negotiating this contract is in a no win situation. You aren't coming out of this smelling like a rose. Whoever takes the fall for this contract will not be in any position to run for GP.