Mitt Romney

over9five

Staff member
You have to remember, republicians don't like unions. Democrates are more for unions.

I disagree with that. I honestly believe both Republicans AND Democrats hate unions. It's all a power trip with elected officials and unions take some of that power away from them. I believe Republicans are more honest in letting their "hatred" show, while Democrats will smile at us and take our money, then stab us in the back (think NAFTA).
MHO

UPS Lifer

Union leaders are politicians. It is not the unions that are the problem. It is the elected leadership. When are union leaders most noticeable? During their election cycle and contract negotiations. They pander for your vote.

Take the latest clash between Chicago and the teachers. Rahm showed disrespect to the union leader and he flexed his muscle at the expense of the kids. The strike was an absolute must to show Rahm his power.

I can't wrap myself around the concept of hating a union. Unions are hard working people who want the best for themselves and their families. It is the other 5% of the hardliners who have an agenda... that we all have to be very careful of. What is the famous quote? .... "Absolute power corrupts absolutely!"

wkmac

Union leaders are politicians. It is not the unions that are the problem. It is the elected leadership. When are union leaders most noticeable? During their election cycle and contract negotiations. They pander for your vote.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely!"

Completely Agree on all points and I am a union member. Wagner destroyed unionism but that's another thread in and of itself.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Take the latest clash between Chicago and the teachers. Rahm showed disrespect to the union leader and he flexed his muscle at the expense of the kids. The strike was an absolute must to show Rahm his power.

I can't wrap myself around the concept of hating a union. Unions are hard working people who want the best for themselves and their families. It is the other 5% of the hardliners who have an agenda... that we all have to be very careful of. What is the famous quote? .... "Absolute power corrupts absolutely!"
you must have met my BA. LOL!!! My father was the only person I knew who said vote for me/don't vote for me, either way I'm doing what is right for the membership. Period. I was a bartender when I was 20 and would have guys who hated Dad come and attack me because he wouldn't stand behind a nonsensical grievance or whatever. They thought attacking his little girl would get them further, which just shows the kind of people they actually were. And, my father never lost an election,no matter what dirty politics were played. And, I know someone right now fighting to keep his job and dirty politics are being played there. Using stuff from this forum. A person's livelihood. I don't get how despicable people can be.

UPS Lifer

you must have met my BA. LOL!!! My father was the only person I knew who said vote for me/don't vote for me, either way I'm doing what is right for the membership. Period. I was a bartender when I was 20 and would have guys who hated Dad come and attack me because he wouldn't stand behind a nonsensical grievance or whatever. They thought attacking his little girl would get them further, which just shows the kind of people they actually were. And, my father never lost an election,no matter what dirty politics were played. And, I know someone right now fighting to keep his job and dirty politics are being played there. Using stuff from this forum. A person's livelihood. I don't get how despicable people can be.

That really says something about your dad. Because, generally speaking, it is the hardcore union folks who come out to vote. A lot of union members don't really care about who is running the local unless they are really engaged.

moreluck

golden ticket member
ot10rm.jpg

Lue C Fur

Evil member

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
So you agree he was a felon tax cheat that took advantage of a one time amnesty offer?

Undervaluing assets is how Romney ended up with $150 million in his 401k/IRA.

A man of principle, indeed. Notice how quickly he changes positions? Did you see his speech at VMI a few weeks before this last debate?

moreluck

golden ticket member
So you agree he was a felon tax cheat that took advantage of a one time amnesty offer?

Undervaluing assets is how Romney ended up with $150 million in his 401k/IRA.

A man of principle, indeed. Notice how quickly he changes positions? Did you see his speech at VMI a few weeks before this last debate?
People like Reid, the pugilist from Searchlight, Nevada
, say stuff, unfounded, and you just swallow it all.......Gulp, glug....!!!!!!!!!!!