self-defense," Romney said. "They are instruments of
destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down
and killing people."

“[Semi-automatic firearms] are instruments of
destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down
and killing people.” Mitt Romney
(from his own 7/1/2004 news release)

Romney supports:
- The Brady Registration Act (Boston Globe 6/12/1994)
- Mandatory Firearms ID Cards (Boston Globe 2002)
- 5-day waiting period (Lowell Sun, 3/30/2002)
- Federal Feinstein Gun Ban (Lowell Sun, 3/30/2002)
- Signed the Mass. Semi-Automatic Ban(7/1/2004)

source

Mitt Romney Firearms.jpg

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, got to love Romney now, Romneycare and the ban of guns !
Sounds like a good Canadian to me, except for his offshore bank account - that alone wouldn't get him elected here. That's just too pretty close to tax invasion for me and only getting away with paying 15% income taxes and being proud of it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, got to love Romney now, Romneycare and the ban of guns !
Sounds like a good Canadian to me, except for his offshore bank account - that alone wouldn't get him elected here. That's just too pretty close to tax invasion for me and only getting away with paying 15% income taxes and being proud of it.
Again for the 100th time ....ordinary income is taxed at a different rate than dividend income. Romneys money is being taxed a second time with cap. gains taxes. The money was taxed when he earned it and taxed again when there's cap.gains.

And it's EVASION not invasion.

Romney doesn't do anything taxwise that isn't on the up & up. Did you know that Obama's scretary pays more taxes than Obama ????

klein

Für Meno :)
Yes I do know that, and Obama himself made that note for the public to know ! Did you know that ?

And if someone was smart enough, they would open up a compnay and pay them in shares.
Once a week they could collect divediends and or cash them out , instead of salary.
And just pay 15% tax rate.

I sure hope UPS and Fedex are listening. Would be better than any pay raise !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yes I do know that, and Obama himself made that note for the public to know ! Did you know that ?

And if someone was smart enough, they would open up a compnay and pay them in shares.
Once a week they could collect divediends and or cash them out , instead of salary.
And just pay 15% tax rate.

I sure hope UPS and Fedex are listening. Would be better than any pay raise !
You need to ask yourself......why do you suppose no one in America ever thought of that and you are the first??

When you get paid in all stock.....then you have to sell it for cash to buy your food and pay your house payment. You will pay capitol gains tax...30%? ....

So you'd be paying the same as ordinary income tax (short term cap. gains)

Dividend are taxed at a lower rate....but to get dividends, you can't sell the stock. You'd starve!

wkmac

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Exactly, what do you take RUDY to mean when he says this??? are you saying you would support another WAR in the middle east? Or is this another case of you supporting another line of talking points by a washed up GOP candidate?

Do you think "standing up to iran" means going to war with them?

Do you think for a second that Romney would start more wars in the middle east?

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Exactly, what do you take RUDY to mean when he says this??? are you saying you would support another WAR in the middle east? Or is this another case of you supporting another line of talking points by a washed up GOP candidate?

Do you think "standing up to iran" means going to war with them?

Do you think for a second that Romney would start more wars in the middle east?

Peace

TOS
There is no secretive code to be read into this......Rudy is for Mitt and so am I. Simple as that. No hidden anything.
Obama sucks at his job and needs to be replaced. That's REPLACED, not erased.....lest you think it's a conspiracy of some sort. Go read a Patterson or Baldacci book.......if your looking for some big mystery.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There is no secretive code to be read into this......Rudy is for Mitt and so am I. Simple as that. No hidden anything.
Obama sucks at his job and needs to be replaced. That's REPLACED, not erased.....lest you think it's a conspiracy of some sort. Go read a Patterson or Baldacci book.......if your looking for some big mystery.

Well, answer the question, what do you take that to mean? Stand up to IRAN sounds great, but what does it mean? Cmon, you cant tell us what it is about that statement that motivated you to post it?

It had to mean something to you, or are you resigning to the fact that you are merely repeating a talking point intended on sounding good?

Peace

TOS

4/23/12 3pm

ibslick50

Well, answer the question, what do you take that to mean? Stand up to IRAN sounds great, but what does it mean? Cmon, you cant tell us what it is about that statement that motivated you to post it?

It had to mean something to you, or are you resigning to the fact that you are merely repeating a talking point intended on sounding good?

Peace

TOS

4/23/12 3pm

TOS, she hasnt found a "copy and paste" to answer your question. show some patients!