Mitt Romney

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
To put that into perspective, when President George W. Bush took office, our national debt was $5.768 trillion. By the time Bush left office, it had nearly doubled, to $10.626 trillion. So Bush's record on deficit spending was not good at all: During his presidency, the national debt rose by an average of $607 billion a year. How does that compare to Obama? During Obama's presidency to date, the national debt has risen by an average of $1.723 trillion a year — or by a jaw-dropping $1.116 trillion more, per year, than it rose even under Bush.

How do Bush and Obama compare on closer inspection? Just about like they do on an initial glance. According to the White House's Office of Management and Budget, during his eight fiscal years, Bush ran up a total of $3.283 trillion in deficit spending (p. 22). In his first two fiscal years, Obama will run up a total of $2.826 trillion in deficit spending ($1.294 trillion in 2010, an estimated $1.267 trillion in 2011 (p. 23), and the $265 billion in "stimulus" money that was spent in 2009). Thus, Bush ran up an average of $410 billion in deficit spending per year, while Obama is running up an average of $1.413 trillion in deficit spending per year — or $1.003 trillion a year more than Bush.

The Weekly Standard: Obama Vs. Bush On Debt : NPR

BUDDY...

Heres some research for you to consider:

Why the Republican National Debt is $12 Trillion

Congress Did Not Make Reagan Send the Debt Out of Control

National Debt Graph by President

U.S. Government National Debt: What they Won't Tell You

FOX NEWS and its connection to crony capitalism.
Why Fox and the Wall Street Journal Think the Same

Read the data. Expand your thoughts.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, change the subject instead of facing the facts, that'll work. Expand your realization!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
All that chart show is increases in debt.
Where is the Change bhos promised ?
He promised to do new things in DC, but all I see is a pattern of continuing the old established ways.
And when is he going to push for Congress to pass a budget , three years and counting.
Does anyone really want eight years and counting ?

over9five

Staff member
Right wing rhetoric professed on CBS News?--- National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush---(CBS NEWS)---- The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency. The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office. The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day. The National Debt also now exceeds 100% of the nation's Gross Domestic Product, the total value of goods and services.-- National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Can't get around those FACTS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
...except for the FACT that Bush handed Obama two unfunded wars and the tax cuts...how much of the $5T that Obama "added" to the total deficit are due to those two items?

I will agree that both spent/spend money like drunken sailors on a 3 day pass.

The bigger question is WHERE ARE THE JOBS that the GOP said would materialize if the BUSH tax cuts were extended? That was the promise for teh tax cut extention. The GOP ran in 2010 on a premise that the BUSH tax cuts had to be extended, even though it would add ANOTHER 3.2 trillion dollars to the deficit, and JOBS would pop out of the woodwork.

Well, we are almost 2 years into the extention and jobs are trickling in, yet, the GOP is already talking about extending them again in 2012!

If you deduct that 3.2 trillion out of Obamas debt, that leaves 2.5 trillion to fund two wars, save the banking industry, save the housing industry, save our manufacturing sectors and run the country.

OBAMA has to deal with a country that was destroyed by the GOP in 8 years, and in 3 years has managed to turn that around and head in the opposite direction.

Ill take the opposite direction to destruction any day of the week.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
there is a difference in polls. Rassmussen uses LIKELY voters and those polls generally have Romney in the lead or tied whereas, the more common polls use REGISTERED VOTERS and those have Obama leading.

Rassmussen, the political arm of FOX news, is generally wrong with their polling. In 2008, they had McCain leading and gee, what happened?

Peace

TOS

Buddybrown

BUDDY... Heres some research for you to consider: Read the data. Expand your thoughts. Peace TOS
I thought I was expanding my thoughts when I posted information from a liberal news organization, CBS. Sorry you don't agree with them, perhaps some phone calls are in order for you to get them straighten out.

Buddybrown

there is a difference in polls. Rassmussen uses LIKELY voters and those polls generally have Romney in the lead or tied whereas, the more common polls use REGISTERED VOTERS and those have Obama leading. Rasmussen, the political arm of FOX news, is generally wrong with their polling. In 2008, they had McCain leading and gee, what happened? Peace TOS
I'm confused!!---Last time you posted poll results Obama was kicking ass....Did you look at what you just posted?

moreluck

golden ticket member
there is a difference in polls. Rassmussen uses LIKELY voters and those polls generally have Romney in the lead or tied whereas, the more common polls use REGISTERED VOTERS and those have Obama leading.

RCP Average
4/27 - 5/7
--
Obama +0.2
Rasmussen Tracking
5/5 - 5/7
1500 LV
Romney +5
Reuters/Ipsos
5/3 - 5/7
959 RV
Obama +7
Gallup Tracking
5/1 - 5/7
2200 RV
Romney +3
Politico/GWU/Battleground
4/29 - 5/3
1000 LV
Romney +1
IBD/CSM/TIPP
4/27 - 5/4
856 RV
Obama +3
Democracy Corps (D)
4/28 - 5/1
1000 LV
Tie

Rassmussen, the political arm of FOX news, is generally wrong with their polling. In 2008, they had McCain leading and gee, what happened?

Peace

TOS
I hear your Rasmussen explanation (don't agree with it), but where's the explanaton for the other 2 where he leads and it's a statistical tie for the others...margin of error & all.

A few weeks ago it used to read "Obama" all the way down the column. Not any more.

UPS Lifer

I thought I was expanding my thoughts when I posted information from a liberal news organization, CBS. Sorry you don't agree with them, perhaps some phone calls are in order for you to get them straighten out.

Hey Buddy,
Don't forget who you are dealing with!

imgres-1.jpeg
imgres-1.jpeg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wait, wasn’t Obama against gay marriage less than 24 hours ago?

Via CS Monitor:

President Barack Obama’s campaign moved quickly Thursday to capitalize on his newly announced support for gay marriage, releasing an Internet video that calls his Republican challenger backward on the highly divisive social issue.

Obama broke from his long-claimed indecision on the issue to express outright support for the right of homosexual couples to marry. He spoke during an ABC television interview Wednesday.

On Thursday morning, his campaign released an Internet video titled “Mitt Romney: Backwards on Equality.”

It opens with Obama saying same-sex couples should have the right to marry, then shows a clip of Romney saying Wednesday that he opposes gay marriage and favors rolling back some rights for same-sex couples.

The video also seeks to portray Romney as out of touch with the majority of Americans, saying even former Republican President George W. Bush supported civil unions, a step short of marriage.

UPS Lifer

I knew this was going to be the dirtiest Presidential campaign in our history but for the left to stoop to the cockroach level after 4 days is remarkable!

What else will they claim? They have proof that Romney was secretly the Grand Wizard for years. He doesn't wear his magic underwear.

We still have over 6 months to go!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Poll congress and see how many were givers or receivers of wedgies in highschool OR getting dunked head first in the toilet.
Then be done with the nonsense.