Mitt Romney

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
And the US farming industry has no growth in sight.

And you know this because you are a farmer in the United States?

Do not start with farmers.

I own a family farm in Wisconsin with my sister.
Do not start down this road because I will bury you in bovine dung.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
wkmac,

Lets not get too serious here. Everyone knows the American Idol and Dancing with the stars American's would never know any thing serious about politics.

Lets elect our President by the jeans he wears or if we "like" him or what kind of hair does he have etc,etc,etc.

You would have more of a chance by asking who were the last top five winners of Idol and dancing , what songs they sang and who were their dance partners.

I don't watch Idol.
I don't care about Idol.

I did, for the very first time, watch Donald Driver dance using"ON DEMAND".
Donald Driver owns my respect because he EARNED it as a humanitarian.

It also helps that he is an NFL player.

Personally, both Mitt and Barack need to go back to school or spend sometime watching ABC rock.
We elect a President.
We don't elect a King.

school house rock i'm just a bill - YouTube

island1fox

ajb,

You were not in my thoughts when I posted the above --maybe I was not following the entire thread. I like your posts , your thought process and your sense of humor. Please do not feel my comments were directed at you. Even with the hate and division displayed on the cafe ---compared to the "average" Americam -we appear at least to be a little more informed.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
ajb,

You were not in my thoughts when I posted the above --maybe I was not following the entire thread. I like your posts , your thought process and your sense of humor. Please do not feel my comments were directed at you. Even with the hate and division displayed on the cafe ---compared to the "average" Americam -we appear at least to be a little more informed.

Actually, I wanted to take the opportunity to mention DD.

He is more than your average wide receiver.
He is a good man.

moreluck

golden ticket member
George Bush throws like a man...Kerry catches like a girl!

avec john edwards getting Kerry-ed away!!

Sorry I'm so late with this assignment, bt I had to go play at the train station!!! Had to take my visitor from the north back.

texan

I don't watch Idol.
I don't care about Idol.

I did, for the very first time, watch Donald Driver dance using"ON DEMAND".
Donald Driver owns my respect because he EARNED it as a humanitarian.

Personally, both Mitt and Barack need to go back to school or spend sometime watching ABC rock.
We elect a President.
We don't elect a King.

school house rock i'm just a bill - YouTube

Driver was picked by the Packers in the 1999 NFL Draft in the seventh round (213th pick overall)
out of Alcorn State University.

Known as one of the toughest wide receivers in the game, Driver has been solid throughout his career, often
posting 1,000 receiving yards in a season. Driver had the most catches in the NFL in the middle of the field in 2006.

He set a career best for yards on November 12, 2006 when he caught six passes for 191 yards, including
an 82-yard touchdown against the Minnesota Vikings.[SUP] [/SUP]Driver finished the 2006 season in the top five of the league
in reception yardage with 1,295 yards.

On December 16, 2007 during a 33-14 victory over the St. Louis Rams, veteran Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre
broke Dan Marino's all-time record mark of 61,361 career passing yards.

The new record came on a seven-yard completion to Driver.

In the NFC Championship game on January 20, 2008 against the New York Giants, Driver had the longest
play in the playoffs of the Packers' franchise history with a 90-yard TD catch from Favre.[SUP]

Throughout his career, Donald Driver has been very active off the field, making over 300 charitable
appearances since his rookie season in 1999.

In the spring of 2001, Donald and his wife Betina created the “Donald Driver Foundation”, which offers
assistance to ill children with unmanageable hospital bills, provides housing for the homeless, and
donates to a variety of local charities. In December 2003, the foundation put two previously homeless
families in new, fully furnished homes.

Donald has also donated much of his time and efforts to such institutions as Children’s Hospital
of Wisconsin and Goodwill Industries. In 2001, Driver was awarded the “Community Service Award”
by the Green Bay Chamber of Commerce in recognition of his outstanding community involvement.
In 2005 he was awarded the Ed Block Courage award by his Green Bay teammates.

Driver is also the author of three children's books, Quickie Handles a Loss, Quickie Makes the Team, and
Quickie Goes to the Big Game. The books are based on Driver's bedtime storytelling to his three children,
and are sold statewide in Wisconsin through bookstores, participating Goodwill locations, the
Packer Pro Shop and on his website. He has stated that "Quickie" is a nickname his mother gave
him because, when she would chase him around the house, she could never catch him.

Donald Driver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
FWIW, no matter how much posturing any candidate does, the POTUS has no real power, other than waging war, in his position as CIC.

Funny thing about that, BHO is killing bad guys left and right by using unconventional weapons/methods. The chicken hawks find that distasteful, and would rather we had a division or three on the ground to take out the handful of radicals. I wonder if they would also fund the ~$1trillion it will take to take care of the wounded we have?

I think they will address the coming diabetes flood sooner that that, in other words, never. We live in a myopic country. We deserve what we get.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
BTW, unless you are a millionaire who does not care about humanity and the future of 'Amercia', Willard is your man. What a tool.

wkmac

You don't overcome MS.
You have MS and there is no cure.

I fight real hard for all people with MS.
I do it because I can.

Sometimes it gets really hard.
Sometimes it gets really lonely.

And yes, I do think all the great people with MS have had moments of depression.

I understand how you took the word "overcome" as you did but my intent was those folks overcame in the sense from the mental side that it didn't let it or anyone get them down. I've no doubt there were times the disease threw them a curve not unlike yourself and yet they pushed on to even become an influence for people who didn't have MS and in how many cases did the broader public not even know.

And I agree with Island, I also took his comment more towards larger society and not to anyone specific.

UPS Lifer

I find it hilarious ...

Romney is so for everything american he buys LEVIS 501's and brags about them even though they are made in MEXICO!

What happened to made in america?

Peace

TOS

Indeed! I find this post hilarious! "What happened to made in a(A)merica?" You have nobody to blame about things being made in America but that guy who is sleeping in our White House right now. His strangulating policies, regulations and hands off approach has forced American business and manufacturing to take a back seat or flee to other nations to survive. "What happened to made in a(A)merica?" INDEED! :rofl:

moreluck

golden ticket member
He's now thinking about a tariff on 'made in China' solar panels.....which could take out any momentum that may have been built up here about the solar industry in the USA ......and...... also threatens thousands of American jobs. We'll just wait and see how that turns out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He's now thinking about a tariff on 'made in China' solar panels.....which could take out any momentum that may have been built up here about the solar industry in the USA ......and...... also threatens thousands of American jobs. We'll just wait and see how that turns out.

A tarriff is put in place to level the playing field.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Dear :censored2:master, you know what else is an insult to Hispanics? Declaring you speak on their behalf.

Via Washington Times:
President Obama’s top political strategist told Univision television that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney would be making an “insult” to Hispanics if he picked Sen. Marco Rubio as his running mate in order to try to boost his showing with Hispanics.

In an interview that aired Sunday on “Al Punto,” the Spanish-language network’s political talk show, Mr. Axelrod said picking Mr. Rubio, a Florida Republican, doesn’t make up for Mr. Romney’s stances that are important to Hispanic voters.

“I think it would be an insult to the Hispanic community to choose Senator Rubio if the thinks that that is somehow — if Governor Romney thinks that’s sort of a get-out-of-jail-free card for all of the things and the positions that he’s taken,” Mr. Axelrod said.

Mr. Rubio, considered a rising star in Republican circles, is Cuban-American and has become a major voice for the GOP’s efforts to win over Hispanic voters and to project an inclusive image to the country as a whole.