Mitt Romney

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Though Stewart distances himself from the “one-percenters” and bellows over their extravagance, his bank accounts bear all the marks of the “multi, multi, multi, multi millionaires” he mocks. The 49-year-old Stewart, born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz, makes more than 300 times the median American salary, owns three luxury homes and sometimes doesn’t pay his taxes. …
Stewart’s own income level brings him and his wife Tracey approximately $41,000 a day. The celebrity income-handicapping website Celebrity Net Worth lists his annual salary as $15 million and estimates his net worth at $80 million.

While $80 million doesn’t yet put Stewart into the same wealth bracket as Romney, he is already on pace to be richer than the former Massachusetts governor when he reaches his age.
At his current earning rate, The Daily Show host’s net worth will be $320 million by the time he turns 65 — Romney’s current age. And that total doesn’t include increases in property value or other assets Stewart might accumulate.
Moonbattery

bbsam

Staff member
Why not compare Romney and his philosophy to Buffet and his? Stewart isn't saying anything that Buffet isn't.

UPS Lifer

bhos' lack of mgt skills show up every day.
If he was a UPS Center Mgr , he would have been given the boot within his first few months.

After throwing the previous manager under the bus when ever he was on a conference call or meeting and continuing to say he needs more time within 6 months he would have been put out to pasture. No fanfare, just been reassigned at manager's pay to a supervisor position where he could do little harm.

moreluck

golden ticket member
$77,000 tax deduction. Yeah, he's in touch with the middle class.

Peace

TOS
Go to the corner of Ortega and Antonio Pkwy in San Juan Cap. and you will see the jumpers and dressage and all the beautful horses and riders that compete in the olympics. So, you are totally against the athletes who paticipate in this sport?

I suppose you hate polo too.....how about cowboys? Some people have motorcycles, others are blown away by the beauty and grace of an Arabian.

You're OK with a million dollars spent of taxpayer money on a Martha's Vinyard trip, but you hatefully rail against a private citizen's legal tax deduction. It's a deduction that you can take too.....if you qualified.

The jealousy is evident!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Go to the corner of Ortega and Antonio Pkwy in San Juan Cap. and you will see the jumpers and dressage and all the beautful horses and riders that compete in the olympics. So, you are totally against the athletes who paticipate in this sport?

I suppose you hate polo too.....how about cowboys? Some people have motorcycles, others are blown away by the beauty and grace of an Arabian.

You're OK with a million dollars spent of taxpayer money on a Martha's Vinyard trip, but you hatefully rail against a private citizen's legal tax deduction. It's a deduction that you can take too.....if you qualified.

The jealousy is evident!!

Listen, I am the middle class, My wife and i have 3 horses. 1 Apaloosa, 1 Quarter/appy and 1 thoroughbred. We board at a ranch nearby and WE DONT GET TO DEDUCT JACK S-H*T for our horses!!

It cost us 150 a month per horse, and that includes food, excersize and stall cleaning and there isnt ONE TAX DEDUCTION AVAILABLE to us, so how does ROMNEY get this deduction?

Its just another benefit that the top 1% gets that the rest of us do not. My wife has been around horses all her life, and our thoroughbred is a dressage jumper. The others are merely trail riders.

YOU ARE WRONG when you say that I could take that same deduction.

Peace

TOS

UPS Lifer

Listen, I am the middle class, My wife and i have 3 horses. 1 Apaloosa, 1 Quarter/appy and 1 thoroughbred. We board at a ranch nearby and WE DONT GET TO DEDUCT JACK S-H*T for our horses!!

It cost us 150 a month per horse, and that includes food, excersize and stall cleaning and there isnt ONE TAX DEDUCTION AVAILABLE to us, so how does ROMNEY get this deduction?

Its just another benefit that the top 1% gets that the rest of us do not. My wife has been around horses all her life, and our thoroughbred is a dressage jumper. The others are merely trail riders.

Peace

TOS

So you would deny people with legitimate debilitating illnesses tax deductions for their therapy? You have a heart of gold! Opps! only the top 1% can own gold. Soorrry.

Also - I don't know to many middle class folks who own 1 horse let alone 3! That was more than a little braggadocios. You just open your mouth and continue to insert your feet! Ironically, owning 3 horses puts you in the top 1% of Americans. ... and you have the gaul to show your hate for people who get to deduct something you don't. Thanks again for more comic relief!!!

It would be real interesting to meet you in person to look you in the eye and see if you are really are what you appear to be.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Peace

TOS

No, I'm not wrong......you may not have the same circumstances, involvement or scenario, but if you did, you could have the same deduction. I didn't study Romney's tax return..........maybe you should personally report them to the IRS if they are doing something illegal.

moreluck

golden ticket member
WaPo Fact Checker Gives Obama’s Newest Anti-Romney Ad Claiming He’s a “Corporate Raider” 4 Pinocchios…
Surprised? Didn’t think so.

“Running for governor, Mitt Romney campaigned as a job creator. But as a corporate raider, he shipped jobs to China and Mexico. As governor, he did the same thing: Outsourcing state jobs to India.”
— Voiceover of new Barack Obama campaign ad
The Obama campaign apparently loves to ding former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney with the charge of “outsourcing.” On several occasions, we have faulted the campaign for its claims, apparently to little avail.
Now, all of the claims have been combined in one 30-second ad, with the added incendiary charge that Romney was a “corporate raider.” Let’s look anew at this material. [...]
Skipping to the final conclusion:
The Obama campaign fails to make its case. On just about every level, this ad is misleading, unfair and untrue, from the use of “corporate raider” to its examples of alleged outsourcing. Simply repeating the same debunked claims won’t make them any more correct.