Mitt Romney

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
So you would deny people with legitimate debilitating illnesses tax deductions for their therapy? You have a heart of gold! Opps! only the top 1% can own gold. Soorrry.

Also - I don't know to many middle class folks who own 1 horse let alone 3! That was more than a little braggadocios. You just open your mouth and continue to insert your feet! Ironically, owning 3 horses puts you in the top 1% of Americans. ... and you have the gaul to show your hate for people who get to deduct something you don't. Thanks again for more comic relief!!!

It would be real interesting to meet you in person to look you in the eye and see if you are really are what you appear to be.

Ann doesn't ever ride the horse, just saying...

And since when are we not allowed to make fun of people who ride horses that dance to Muzak versions of Carpenter's song in tops hats and tails?

Barrel racing it ain't.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched a few minutes and thought that performance was elegant and a great example of training and trust between rider and horse. Music is chosen for beat to fit with the steps. It turns out The Carpenters had some great songs and "We've Only Just Begun" is a often picked wedding song. "Close to You" is a beautiful song. Do you prefer Ceelo's "friend.U"?

You'd have to be a caveman not to see the beauty in that perfomance.
Even Robert Duval did it in "Something To Talk About".

So what, curling is more of a real sport to you?? No, you're probably a synchronized swimming fan.

Horse Therapy - YouTube

moreluck

golden ticket member
$77,000 tax deduction. Yeah, he's in touch with the middle class.

Peace

You should check your facts better....

The New York Times report led Matt Yglesias and some others to conclude, mistakenly, that the Romneys had taken a tax deduction for the full amount of their loss. That's not actually true.
enhanced-buzz-30264-1340078898-4.jpg

An excerpt from Mitt and Ann Romney's 2010 tax return showing their declared loss for "Rob Rom Enterprises LLC"--the legal entity through which the Romneys and the Ebelings co-own Rafalca.

When taxpayers report a loss, they aren't always able to take a deduction for it. The Romney's 2010 tax return (above) shows that the lion's share of the $77,731 "Rob Rom Enterprises" loss was, in the parlance of the tax code, "disallowed."

That is, it wasn't eligible for a deduction in the 2010 tax year. The Romneys' actual "allowable loss"--the part that could be used for a deduction that year--was $50 (only 0.06% of the total declared loss).

TOS

roadrunner2012

Troll
I watched a few minutes and thought that performance was elegant and a great example of training and trust between rider and horse. Music is chosen for beat to fit with the steps. It turns out The Carpenters had some great songs and "We've Only Just Begun" is a often picked wedding song. "Close to You" is a beautiful song. Do you prefer Ceelo's "friend.U"?

You'd have to be a caveman not to see the beauty in that perfomance.
Even Robert Duval did it in "Something To Talk About".

So what, curling is more of a real sport to you?? No, you're probably a synchronized swimming fan.

Horse Therapy - YouTube

Making animals take on human behavior for tricks, well that doesn't feel right to me.
No comment on the top hat and tails? That certainly isn't the attire of anyone I know, of course, I don't hang out with the dressage folks, and why is animal training an Olympic sport? Dancing bears next?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I like it.
I will try it.
Maybe purchase the company you work for and I will directly target you, TOS, because that is exactly what you would expect from me!!

roadrunner2012

Troll
And you know Ann doesn't ride because .....?

She's said so, or her spokesperson has said as much. She rides horses, on occasion, but not this particular horse. She has many, almost as many as the houses they own.

I'm not attacking Ann Romney, or belittling her condition. I'm just having a laugh at a sport that seems a bit ridicolus, and more than a little 'gentrified'.
Was not Kerry knocked for windsurfing?

The Romney's can afford their hobbies full well without taking tax deductions for them. That is the point. If it helps her condition, Elohim bless her.

If he would lose the plaid shirt and just dress like in the three piece suit, and tell Americans that he is here to help the 'job creators' (What a phrase), I could at least tolerate them. As it is, they are so out of touch it make Obama look human.

over9five

Staff member
I'm still waiting for TOS and his posse (there's a new one, Oh Boy!) to tell us that those deductions are illegal.

Do any of us NOT take deductions that we're entitled to? Of course not, that would be foolish. We HAVE a fool in the White House right now, I'd prefer the next POTUS not to be a fool.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm still waiting for TOS and his posse (there's a new one, Oh Boy!) to tell us that those deductions are illegal.

Do any of us NOT take deductions that we're entitled to? Of course not, that would be foolish. We HAVE a fool in the White House right now, I'd prefer the next POTUS not to be a fool.
Well either way, roughly half will be convinced the occupant is a fool.

Hey! Where's Wk?

UPS Lifer

Well either way, roughly half will be convinced the occupant is a fool.

Hey! Where's Wk?

Both posts are right on! See... you can have common ground! :youreright: