Mitt Romney

over9five

Staff member
I heard most of the Romney speech to the NAACP. It seemed to me he was giving them straight talk, he didn't pander to the audience. I think it's unfortunate they didn't LISTEN better. After all, Obama has done nothing for them. Black unemployment is at least twice what it is for everyone else.

Romney didn't have to go there for the exact same reason Obama didn't go there. Obama gets those votes because of his skin color, nothing else.

The same reason Obama wouldn't meet with the ministers about his gay rights "evolution". He doesn't lose anything by not meeting with these people, they'll vote for him anyhow.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
romneyhorse.jpg
romneyhorse.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lame.....that's what every kid in a welfare family has.

Remember the pic. of Mooch serving soup in a soup kitchen and all the poor people had phones with cameras and taking her picture? Give me a break.

I'd bet that Mitt & Ann didn't want brats and made the boys know the value of hard work and reward.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Lame.....that's what every kid in a welfare family has.

Remember the pic. of Mooch serving soup in a soup kitchen and all the poor people had phones with cameras and taking her picture? Give me a break.

I'd bet that Mitt & Ann didn't want brats and made the boys know the value of hard work and reward.

Ya, their boys know hard work and sacrifice, thats why they AVOIDED the military and DIDNT serve their country, just like daddy, hide money offshore and claim you love america. His boys DITCHED our countries calling and also claim to love the country.

Losers.

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Did I miss that the military draft had been started again ?
I still have my draft card.
I wonder how many of the Kennedy clan kids signed up ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This may be interesting---Condoleeza Rice is supposedly on Romney's short list of vice-presidential candidates.

If this were to become reality I would most certainly vote for Rice/Romney.

over9five

Staff member
This may be interesting---Condoleeza Rice is supposedly on Romney's short list of vice-presidential candidates.

Wow, that would be an awesome pick. There's no-one else I'd rather see as his VP.

klein

Für Meno :)
Personally, I don't think Rice would take it, because she's much more open and honest than Romney is.

But, money can buy most things, including people these days.
So, maybe $10 Million of his Cayman Islands or Switzerland funds might be used to get her on his side ?
That's the bright side of having offshore accounts - no one can track those down !

over9five

Staff member
Personally, I don't think Rice would take it, because she's much more open and honest than Romney is.

So, maybe $10 Million of his Cayman Islands or Switzerland funds might be used to get her on his side ?
That's the bright side of having offshore accounts - no one can track those down !

Do you have any evidence to support your charge that Ms Rice accept bribes?
Please post.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Pelosi , Wasserman and about 85% of all members of congress will be glad to hear about no tracing the Swiss bank account stuff. They all have off shore investments and mostdon't even know it (blind trust managed by others)

You are the one who's always talking 'globally', but when someone invests globally you shoot them down.

Many, many, many people have these accounts and investments. Why pick on just Romney ??? Smart investors look for LEGAL ways to keep down the tax burden. It's smart business, not a crime like Obama wants to make it look. He lies and you buy it.

Oh, and if asked, I think Condi will do it.........Romey & Rice sounds like good blend to me....blacks, independnts and women's votes

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ya, their boys know hard work and sacrifice, thats why they AVOIDED the military and DIDNT serve their country, just like daddy, hide money offshore and claim you love america. His boys DITCHED our countries calling and also claim to love the country.

Losers.

Peace

TOS
You make it sound like anyone who didn't do military is a loser...........we have no draft, remember? So are you accusing Romney kids of running to Canada or something?

They went to school, did 2 year missions for their church and you make it sound like they were smoking pot on the street corner. They were hard workers and the picture you try to paint is a lie like everything else you spew.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I would LOVE to see Condi on the ticket!!! The TIES to BUSH would be AWESOME! Her lies in front of the UN on weapons of mass destruction would make my day! Her lies to CONGRESS in testimony about her NOT knowing about plans by terrorist to attack the trade towers would be PRICELESS!!

I say, GO FOR IT MITT!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
WaPo Fact Checker Gives “Three Pinocchios” To Obama’s Claim Romney A Possible Felon, Says They Are “Blowing Smoke Here”…
You can’t call Obama a liar, that’s dog whistle racism!
“Romney and Bain claim that he was not involved with Bain, but Bain and its portfolio companies in their required filings under the Securities Exchange Act continuously certified to the Securities and Exchange Commission say precisely the opposite — asserting without qualification that he was a controlling person, fully in charge of Bain, under the Federal securities law. Under normal circumstances, the question of the truth of this representation would result in an investigation by the SEC into possible criminal, as well as civil, violations of the law.”
— Robert Bauer, Obama campaign counsel, July 13, 2012

There is a journalistic convention that appears to place great weight on “SEC documents.” But these are public filings by companies, which usually means there are not great secrets hidden in them. The Fact Checker, in an earlier life covering Wall Street, spent many hours looking for jewels in SEC filings.

As we wrote yesterday, we are standing with our assessment that Mitt Romney left the helm of Bain Capital in 1999, when he left to run the Salt Lake City Olympics. The date is important because some questionable investments by Bain took place between 1999 and 2002, when he ran for governor. But a Boston Globe article on Thursday raised new questions about that timeline, citing SEC filings, and the Obama campaign jumped to take advantage of it.

Despite the furor, we did not see much new in the Globe article. We had examined many SEC documents related to Romney and Bain in January, and concluded that much of the language saying Romney was “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president” was boilerplate that did not reveal whether he was actually managing Bain at the time. (For instance, there is no standard definition of a “chief executive,” securities law experts say, and there is no requirement for anyone to have any responsibilities even if they have that title.)
Skipping to their conclusion:
The Pinocchio Test
The Obama campaign is blowing smoke here.
We realize that Bauer gets to the word “criminal” by mentioning “investigation,” but that distinction might be lost on most listeners.
Meanwhile, the weight of evidence suggests that Romney did in fact end active management of Bain in 1999. He stated that in a federal disclosure form he signed, under threat of criminal penalties. He said he was a “former employee” in a state disclosure form. A state commission concluded 10 years ago that he did, indeed, leave Bain in 1999. Investors in Bain funds were told he was not part of the management team.
The SEC documents, especially the ones Romney signed, do raise some questions. One can certainly argue that because Romney did not fully extricate himself from Bain till after his Olympic sojourn ended, he should bear some responsibility for what happened in that period. But that is an entirely different matter than suggesting that he is a potential criminal. It is more of a PR problem, which the Obama campaign is trying to exploit to build a larger case that Romney is secretive.
We were tempted to award this claim Four Pinocchios, but the documents with his signature leave some room for inquiry.

Still, if the Obama campaign wants to put its money where its mouth is, it should immediately lodge a complaint about Romney’s financial disclosure form, filed just last year, rather than try to mislead people about potential violations in relatively unimportant SEC documents.

Three Pinocchios