My Prayers Have Been Answered,.....THANK YOU!!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Imposition being the inverse of an entity that is predicated on autonomy.

2da15j.jpg

BrownBrokeDown

Less overhead, equates to more profits. Looks better on a spread sheet.

Infuse new participants in to existing plans ?

Absolutely.

Everyone benefits.

-Bug-
Not everyone...

While teamcare is miles better than what I could get at my fulltime job, it was and is a step down from the pt ups plan on coverage. Add to that the inconvenience (and lost money from more time off work) of extra appointments to utilize us imaging and quest, the misinformation given out by the 1800 number was so bad i had to make them give me a supervisors number so i could count on what i was being told, the times the bills have had to be resubmitted bc their system automatically rejected it for no reason, etc.

that being said its still one of the best blue-collar worker insurance plans out there.

so it all depends on how you view it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
While teamcare is miles better than what I could get at my fulltime job, it was and is a step down from the pt ups plan on coverage. Add to that the inconvenience (and lost money from more time off work) of extra appointments to utilize us imaging and quest, the misinformation given out by the 1800 number was so bad i had to make them give me a supervisors number so i could count on what i was being told, the times the bills have had to be resubmitted bc their system automatically rejected it for no reason, etc.

I get it.

It's different and inconvenient, for some.

The alternative.... would be much worse.

that being said its still one of the best blue-collar worker insurance plans out there.

Um.... possibly the best.

BrownBrokeDown

I get it.

I get it BUG, i really do. I am working outside of UPS and I see the crap that the rest of blue collar corporate america has went to. However, even someone like me, that can see both sides of the fence, has a few issues with UPS Teamcare not being equal to the UPS plan. Reasons:

+UPS posted record profits during the last contract
+UPS CEO pay increased at previously unforeseen percentages at UPS during last contract

-PT healthcare, while still industry leading, became worse
-driver progression increased by a year
-retiree healthcare benefits become much more expensive

The pluses didnt equal the minuses during the last negotiations. What did we get in the contract that balances out the minuses considering UPS was making more money than ever before?

BrownBrokeDown

Just to be clear, I understand that UPS was done with insurance. What i am saying is where was the negotiation for more money to have Teamcare benefits be the same/retiree costs be the same, or at the very least maintain 3 yr progression or lower it back to the previous 2 yrs...something, anything. Normally, negotiations with a prosperous company on a scale of 1-10, the company starts at 1, the union starts at 10 and they usually arrive somewhere between 4-6. This one seemed to end somwhere around 2.5-3. not terrible, could have been much worse, could have been much better, but there is nothing that showed a meeting in the middle. It was a meeting on the UPS side.

That being said, I still haven't seen or heard anything from the opposing slate that makes me want to vote for them. Change for change's sake is not alway good. Maybe if they could give some specifics, instead of political generalizations and mudslinging...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I get it BUG, i really do. I am working outside of UPS and I see the crap that the rest of blue collar corporate america has went to. However, even someone like me, that can see both sides of the fence, has a few issues with UPS Teamcare not being equal to the UPS plan.

Ok.

I will offer my perspective.

+UPS posted record profits during the last contract

We want them to.

Slashing salaries, benefits, and pension benefits, for management people ?

Have at it.

-PT healthcare, while still industry leading, became worse
-driver progression increased by a year
-retiree healthcare benefits become much more expensive

-PT people don't stick around. High turnover.
- ^^ see above.
-Depending on where you are at.

The pluses didnt equal the minuses during the last negotiations. What did we get in the contract that balances out the minuses considering UPS was making more money than ever before?

Ask the people in the freight industry ?

Try and "take" all you want.

-Bug-

BrownBrokeDown

Ok.

We want them to.

Have at it.

- ^^ see above.

-Bug-
Not all part time leave. Also, never once said i wanted to stick it to them. But when a company is making record profits shouldn't we expect to maintain plus raises. we got the raises (which, accounting for inflation and the fact that 2 are split raises aren't record breaking, though they are good) but we didn't maintain. Not saying we should have got better benefits, but we should have maintained. also, the progression change was a straight loss for the union. also, the depending where you are at for retirees price increases, shouldnt be depending on where you are at.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The company wanted out of the healthcare business.

The union wanted to take over our healthcare.
I don't think the company cared either way, as long as they had every UPSer in their HC plan, for maximum buying power.

The union did care however and could not afford to let UPS out of many multi-employer local and regional HC plans, or they would go belly up.

This is when UPS realized they had the leverage over the Teamsters during our present contract's negotiations.

Instead of the union taking over the HC being a bargaining chip for the Teamsters, UPS flipped the script and made it a chip in their stack, and parlayed it into killing.

Didn't it strike anybody as odd how UPS waited patiently while we sorted it all out?
The only time they got a little nervous was when Amazon did.
It was seemingly like UPS didn't care either way, because they didn't, they couldn't lose.
Record profits were destined and realized either way.

5habits100

Ok.

We want them to.

Have at it.

- ^^ see above.

-Bug-
Listen, don't you get it. UPS was making record profits, the Union wanted the healthcare, the company didn't care. We should have used it as a bargaining chip and got a 1 year progression a $1 each year, pension increases, an extra week of vacation, company paid cell phones, public management spankings once a week. We should take everything they have until the break even.

Just playing

Gimme Danger

I agree with a union healthcare plan, like we have in new england. I don't know much about teamcare, outside of what a couple of the ups freight guys have told me.
Healthcare is expensive, yes, but since we have a union plan up here, why didn't ups pay in the same amount to teamcare to give good benefits?
Just a thought.

Spongebob1

Ok, this is what I am talking about...... I hate to tell you but even if Ron Carey was in office you would not be able to force UPS to keep you in the company plan. If your wife wanted a divorce do you think you could just say "NO" and expect to stay married? A lot of people believed Z's claim that you could "Vote NO" and stay in the company plan.........Where are they now? Teamcare? The West knew this and formed the Teamsters Western Region & Local 177 Health Care Plan and I am very thankful. I advise you to read these paragraphs that are found in your old company plan that gave UPS the right to renegotiate. You forget we had made this deal a long time ago (long before healthcare sky rocketed) and UPS was stuck with it for years and hated it. Once the $6,250 maximum was met they, UPS finally got their chance to get out and members were moved to Taft Hartley plans. I admit that was a great deal while it lasted but I am happy with what the West accomplished and trust the Union far more than UPS.

(This is from the old UPS company Plan)

Contribution
All retired employees are responsible for a $50 per
month contribution for their medical coverage. This
contribution covers the retired employee, spouse and
any eligible dependent children.

Average Annual Cost
The average annual cost per participant is defined
as the total claims paid by the Plan in a calendar year,
divided by the total number of Plan participants
during that year. Each retired employee, each spouse,
and each eligible dependent would be considered
a Plan participant.

If the average annual cost per participant exceeds
$6,250, each retired employee will share equally in
the cost above the $6,250 maximum by making an
additional contribution.

The $6,250 maximum cost per participant is subject
to future negotiations. If required, the additional
contributions would not be implemented until after
the expiration of the current collective bargaining
agreement.

Tim, I did some checking today on your health-care,..
You guys got a heck of a deal -NOT- you have to divert pension money into health care and have done so. 75 cents out of a dollar the first year, the whole dollar the second and third year, and probably the fourth and fifth year. You also have to divert wages to health care if they need the money up to 35 cents an hour. Couple that with the concessions in benefits and you guys negotiated one heck of a deal. Don't forget how you raised the retiree cost ($50. to $300.) a month, changed from a 90/10 to an 80/20 and you can't get name brand prescriptions among other things. I'm very glad you are happy with that but keep your sellout negotiators out West.... I don't want them to negotiate anything for me,

10 point

I get it.

A good friend just got hired by dhl moving trailers at a logistics warehouse.
He worked there about 3-4 months and was given family insurance coverage at no cost.

We compared coverages. His was as good as mine all the way down to free Rx if mail ordered up to a 90 day supply and otherwise he had a MAX copay of $5/Rx at the pharmacy.

DHL.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
A good friend just got hired by dhl moving trailers at a logistics warehouse.
He worked there about 3-4 months and was given family insurance coverage at no cost.

We compared coverages. His was as good as mine all the way down to free Rx if mail ordered up to a 90 day supply and otherwise he had a MAX copay of $5/Rx at the pharmacy.

DHL.
Can anyone else smell that?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I can but did you think anyone was going to say anything else? Those people are never going say anything positive about the current administration.
Yeah it's pathetic. You can always tell when they are bull:censored2:ting. It always starts with this preface of nonsense to try to make the fantasy believable.

10 point

I can but did you think anyone was going to say anything else? Those people are never going say anything positive about the current administration.
I wasn't saying anything about any administration. I was saying that other blue collar workers have a good or an equal plan. Frankly, I was surprised.

I've already said before, that MRIs that used to cost me $400 per injury are now FREE if you use US Imaging and call to set it up ahead. The dental plan, what we've utilized of it has been excellent except that we had to change Drs, which I was good with but my wife didn't like it much.

The ocular coverage has been the only bad part we've found because the eye Dr my wife uses is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest in our local area but guess what?....sometimes things aren't perfect in life.
Can anyone else smell that?
The only Stink I smell is you.:bsbullf: