Nashville School Shooting

bbsam

Staff member
The proliferation of weapons designed for battle and the subsequent mass shootings.
That’s really not accurate. It’s like saying a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is designed to be a HummVee.

And to be perfectly honest, a lot of folks rocking an AR do so the way folks treat Wranglers. They are platforms easily modified for look and function. Relatively cheap and easy to maintain.

But the rhetoric gets to be a bit much. There aren’t millions of mass murderers waiting for their day to unleash their ARs on the masses and guys around the country geared up in their mil-spec cos play garb aren’t taking down the US military.

Next Day Error

X - Other
That’s really not accurate. It’s like saying a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is designed to be a HummVee.

And to be perfectly honest, a lot of folks rocking an AR do so the way folks treat Wranglers. They are platforms easily modified for look and function. Relatively cheap and easy to maintain.

But the rhetoric gets to be a bit much. There aren’t millions of mass murderers waiting for their day to unleash their ARs on the masses and guys around the country geared up in their mil-spec cos play garb aren’t taking down the US military.
They can shoot .223 Remington rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger. They're rifles on the very edge of being ready for war.

I don't think they belong in just any old Dick and Jane's hands. It's ridiculous to me. At the very least there should be special federally granted licenses for these things that have huge magazines and a rapid fire rate. They're not fit for a sane society. That's my view.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Really hasn’t been much for proliferation. Mostly decline.

From 1973 to 2021, the percentage of American households that reported having any guns in the home dropped by 28 percent.
I'm talking about AR-15 style firearms.

In 2004 there were just 107,000 produced. By 2015 1,200,000 were made.

They do not belong in the hands of every person that has a credit card to buy them with, in my view. Not worth the cost to society.

Thebrownblob

I'm talking about AR-15 style firearms.

In 2004 there were just 107,000 produced. By 2015 1,200,000 were made.

They do not belong in the hands of every person that has a credit card to buy them with, in my view. Not worth the cost to society.
Your ignorance is laughable. There’s really nothing extraordinary about an AR. Matter fact a handgun like a Glock with a large magazine, is a lot more concealable The fact that you think the consumer AR platform is a battle weapon proves that point. It’s a sporting rifle and it’s highly mod-able with interchangeable parts and that’s what makes it popular.

You’ve been bamboozled by Talking points probably even believe there’s a “gun show loophole” 😂

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Right. But it exists. Someone has access to it.
The records are not entered in to a data base unless a store goes out of business, then ATF gets them. Thus, all the guns being purchased from stores still in business are unknowable. When a dealer calls in a background check all the feds ask is if it’s a long gun or handgun, not if it’s a particular weapon. I was an FFL I know this.

Thebrownblob

The records are not entered in to a data base unless a store goes out of business, then ATF gets them. Thus, all the guns being purchased from stores still in business are unknowable. When a dealer calls in a background check all the feds ask is if it’s a long gun or handgun, not if it’s a particular weapon. I was an FFL I know this.
The ignorance is astounding

Next Day Error

X - Other
Your ignorance is laughable. There’s really nothing extraordinary about an AR. Matter fact a handgun like a Glock with a large magazine, is a lot more concealable The fact that you think the consumer AR platform is a battle weapon proves that point. It’s a sporting rifle and it’s highly mod-able with interchangeable parts and that’s what makes it popular.

You’ve been bamboozled by Talking points probably even believe there’s a “gun show loophole” 😂
Doesn't need to be highly concealable to cause more human carnage is a short period of time than most other weapons. 9mm is devastating but a .223 round fired through a human body is much worse. We should draw the line somewhere.

Why is the AR-15 style the weapon of choice for these random mass shootings? Because it's highly effective.

bbsam

Staff member
They can shoot .223 Remington rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger. They're rifles on the very edge of being ready for war.

I don't think they belong in just any old Dick and Jane's hands. It's ridiculous to me. At the very least there should be special federally granted licenses for these things that have huge magazines and a rapid fire rate. They're not fit for a sane society. That's my view.
But there are 40 million in circulation. The numbers simply don’t support the idea that they cannot or are not be owned responsibly by the vast majority of owners.