Nashville School Shooting

bbsam

Staff member
Really hasn’t been much for proliferation. Mostly decline.

From 1973 to 2021, the percentage of American households that reported having any guns in the home dropped by 28 percent.
What survey? Lol. Do you own an assault weapon? By the actual definition, I don’t. But by the fraudulent government definition, anyone with a semi automatic scary rifle does. It’s absurd.
This survey. Maybe it is absurd. But you do drive a package car.

Next Day Error

X - Other
But there are 40 million in circulation. The numbers simply don’t support the idea that they cannot or are not be owned responsibly by the vast majority of owners.
I still don't believe these weapons are worth their societal cost. Most people are "good guys with guns" until the day they're not.

Again, at the very least I'd like to see these high magazine, high fire-rate AR-15 style firearms require a special federal license. Make them difficult to acquire. Kind of like CDLs at the state level. Allowing just any 18 year old to legally jump in the seat of an 18-wheeler would be seen as insane. It's a similar thing with these rifles.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I know this probably isn’t saying much but IMO I have enough knowledge and experience with firearms to participate in this conversation.

No doubt in my mind and spirit about that.
I seriously doubt it. Go ask your “spirit” again. Are you conjuring spirits again?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
That description could almost any anything. The term semi automatic is meaningless as well.
Actually it has meaning and definition.
What is the technical term (not one you made up) for a weapon that rechambers a round?

Also "selective fire" is between auto, burst and ?)???
Colt4Way.jpg

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
I still don't believe these weapons are worth their societal cost. Most people are "good guys with guns" until the day they're not.

Again, at the very least I'd like to see these high magazine, high fire-rate AR-15 style firearms require a special federal license. Make them difficult to acquire. Kind of like CDLs at the state level. Allowing just any 18 year old to legally jump in the seat of an 18-wheeler would be seen as insane. It's a similar thing with these rifles.
I agree. In fact, I’d be in favor of appropriate firearm training from a very young age. I’d like to see the mystery and stigma taken out of the entire industry. Getting past the movie/video game/fairytale/omnipotent lie of what the mechanical object is and how it works would be helpful. Understanding the moral, legal, and societal implications of a decision to use a weapon in self defense in my belief is an absolute must.

There’s a lot than can be done beyond the rhetoric. I have my doubts that the parties involved are ready to leav their bunkers.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I agree. In fact, I’d be in favor of appropriate firearm training from a very young age. I’d like to see the mystery and stigma taken out of the entire industry. Getting past the movie/video game/fairytale/omnipotent lie of what the mechanical object is and how it works would be helpful. Understanding the moral, legal, and societal implications of a decision to use a weapon in self defense in my belief is an absolute must.

There’s a lot than can be done beyond the rhetoric. I have my doubts that the parties involved are ready to leav their bunkers.
Brilliant!

I completely agree.....almost

Thebrownblob

Doesn't need to be highly concealable to cause more human carnage is a short period of time than most other weapons. 9mm is devastating but a .223 round fired through a human body is much worse. We should draw the line somewhere.

Why is the AR-15 style the weapon of choice for these random mass shootings? Because it's highly effective.
Doesn't need to be highly concealable to cause more human carnage is a short period of time than most other weapons. 9mm is devastating but a .223 round fired through a human body is much worse. We should draw the line somewhere.

Why is the AR-15 style the weapon of choice for these random mass shootings? Because it's highly effective.
talking point after talking boy, 😂Please stop you don’t like AR’s because they’re black scary guns. .223 round is very ordinary, and not at all. Devastating. There are far far more devastating rounds. LOL.

When looking at the .22LR vs .223, the truth is that the .223 is, in fact, a .22 caliber round. While the media loves to portray this as a ‘huge assault bullet’ and only meant for use in warfare, the truth is that a .223 round is a relatively small and not particularly powerful.”

UnionStrong

IMO this comment is a bit strange to me.

How you possibly know this? In reality I mean.

What on earth are you basing your comparison on?

Peace be with you.

☮️
I lifetime of experience with firearms of all types. Reading about them, buying and selling them both personally and professionally.

Thebrownblob

Gosh, we used to do that. Matter fact, when we were talking about the NRA I’ve never once paid for membership, but I did win a lifetime membership during a sharpshooter contest and a $500 scholarship that was sponsored by my high school because I was in the rifle club that was also sponsored by the high school, and the weapons were kept right on high school property. That wasn’t a lifetime ago it was 1990

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
talking point after talking boy, 😂Please stop you don’t like AR’s because they’re black scary guns. .223 round is very ordinary, and not at all. Devastating. There are far far more devastating rounds. LOL.

When looking at the .22LR vs .223, the truth is that the .223 is, in fact, a .22 caliber round. While the media loves to portray this as a ‘huge assault bullet’ and only meant for use in warfare, the truth is that a .223 round is a relatively small and not particularly powerful.”

Try a 400H&H...

UnionStrong

Logic will not prevail here. Just saying