Need your help on this one guys!

Whereistheunion

My buddy up north has been issued 2 suspensions. One was for a no scan and another for not folding in his mirrors. The BA up there decided it was a great idea to settle it as two seperate one day suspension. I am trying to warn him the dangers of this, but I am just one dude on the internet. I am going to forward this message thread to him but he needs some tips. What would you do if you were in his shoes? Thanks!
Correct the service issues, scan every pkg fold the mirror in. Accept the suspension and come back to work like nothing ever happened. It will all be forgotten a year from now.

barnyard

KTM rider
I would grieve the mirror suspension. That is an end reach motion that can result in a repetitive motion shoulder injury. There is not a method to do it that eliminates the end range motion.

If they are settling for 2 suspensions, someone is about to get fired and it is going to stick.

RoswellHub

I would grieve the mirror suspension. That is an end reach motion that can result in a repetitive motion shoulder injury. There is not a method to do it that eliminates the end range motion.

If they are settling for 2 suspensions, someone is about to get fired and it is going to stick.
I totally agree and I don't think people realize the gravity of how dangerous taking a suspension really is. Why do you think the company is so quick to settle on a one day suspension?

cachmeifucan

Stories like this are the reason I didn't stay in package car and went 22.3. In a huge building its easy to fly under the radar. My start time is 5am but the sort starts at 3 am on mondays and 4am every other day. So recently they want us to start at 415. That's the extent of the harrassment. So it's no big deal il get there by 430 everyone is happy. More time to file grievances for supervisors working.

542thruNthru

I think the steward is just following the BA because he doesn't know any better. But the BA has had a ton of complaints on him. One of the biggest being he settled all the 9.5s last year as non payment due to Covid being an "act of god"
How did your BA decide act of god when the package division director clearly said 9.5 and all it's protections are in full effect.

You need a new BA brother.
IMG_1366.jpg

Inthegame

Nope. The suspension is a step in progressive discipline. The next step after a suspension is fired. It is a lot easier to fight a suspension than it is a termination.
I understand progressive discipline, I just hope the OP's friend has a BA and Steward that does.