New APT sheeting method

542thruNthru

Why people go to the lockers is beyond me. You get paid by the hour.

Go to every door and you'll do much less work for the same amount of hours.

Instead we have guys here that rush to beat usps, FedEx, amazon just to fill the lockers first and go to the next 15 stop apartments place.

We are our own worst enemies.

Coldworld

1729389764069.gif

Coldworld

Why people go to the lockers is beyond me. You get paid by the hour.

Go to every door and you'll do much less work for the same amount of hours.

Instead we have guys here that rush to beat usps, FedEx, amazon just to fill the lockers first and go to the next 15 stop apartments place.

If you drop a bunch of packages into lockers does that count as one stop or 5...and do you have to use the lockers?? Never had those things when I was in pkg. I know they have moved some out of the 7-11 parking lots because they were getting broke into.

Coldworld

I’m glad I don’t have apartments. What a pain.
Had an old route that was all business and apts...if I got a cut it was always more apts....hated that run even though I didn't pick up :censored2: except for a couple business and the ups store. Think that route only had like 3 or 4 streets that were condo houses...that was it

542thruNthru

If you drop a bunch of packages into lockers does that count as one stop or 5...and do you have to use the lockers?? Never had those things when I was in pkg. I know they have moved some out of the 7-11 parking lots because they were getting broke into.
Used to be 1 stop per locker. Looks like they've changed it but at the same time. The stop count don't matter. Used to be 10-15 stops and hour for apartments. Now with lockers you're doing 20-25 and hour. Think they just say "Oh hey good job go home early every day for the next 5 years." Nope they fill that truck up more and cut a route.

Coldworld

Used to be 1 stop per locker. Looks like they've changed it but at the same time. The stop count don't matter. Used to be 10-15 stops and hour for apartments. Now with lockers you're doing 20-25 and hour. Think they just say "Oh hey good job go home early every day for the next 5 years." Nope they fill that truck up more and cut a route.
Do you have to use the lockers???

542thruNthru

Do you have to use the lockers???
If they tell you to sure. But I'd you didn't rush to get there first they'd all mostly be full. So now you waste your time going there and then delivering to each door.

Personally there is no rule that says you must go to the lockers. The apartment complex may want you to but "Oh sorry they were full."

Over70irregs

New diad training has us sheeting apartments as a bulk stop if it's to one location. I have two large complexes and the last two days had a very similar stop count. Day one did the new method was over by .18 next day did the old method and was over by .38.

Curious if anyone else had a similar experience and if the company is adding time allowance for apartments.

Yes I know the union doesn't recognize the numbers, I just like to stay off the radar.
Just get paid on Friday.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Nobody even blinks at late anymore. Back in the day, it was like there was gonna be a funeral if you had late air.

The company can't even get the air from the airport to the centers in a timely fashion. They don't even hold us anymore. If air shows up at start time or a few minutes after they simply hold the air car until tomorrow. Days of shuttling or holding drivers back are long gone in the name of "AM time." Gotta make those numbers.

Thebrownblob

The company can't even get the air from the airport to the centers in a timely fashion. They don't even hold us anymore. If air shows up at start time or a few minutes after they simply hold the air car until tomorrow. Days of shuttling or holding drivers back are long gone in the name of "AM time." Gotta make those numbers.
They promised next day delivery, they just didn’t tell which next day!

I don't know how they get away with that