New branding!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Boeing does this quite often. it's a part of manufacturing. the tpp trade deal will only make things worse for the manufacturing sector. it will be good for delivery companies though.

Boeing got it's biggest union to sign a 10 year contract with a no-strike clause and the end of a defined pension plan.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not saying that you'll go down in flames. I'm saying stop deceiving yourselves with the belief that you are in a secure employment given ground's proven ability to quickly adapt to a changing delivery market and environment. All I hear out of your guys is that Ground can't do this that and something else.All I'm saying is that from day 1 it has and continues to respond to a changing delivery landscape because contractors are given no choice but to find a way to adapt. And if given enough money and a functional set of logistics you can bet your bottom dollar they will continue to adapt to that new set of directives and therein lies the threat to your livelihood.

Express employees who think they have a secure job are deluded. No union, at-will employment, and predatory management equals little job security.

MAKAVELI

Banned
The $30,000-A-Night Jet That Flies Empty
“FedEx is the world’s largest air cargo airline,” he says. “But the concept of density drives the success of companies in our business and ultimately profitability and revenue per stop.

“When you look at the European density that TNT has built, it dramatically changes our operations. And it’s not just about Europe. The TNT acquisition has given us capabilities around the world that we’ll layer in with our own and immediately accelerate our international growth in a way that would have taken us much longer on our own.”

FedGT

LOL. Don't try to sit here and pretend that Ground drivers bring Overweight packages up to a 5th floor residence or business. Most places are lucky if the driver doesn't just kick the box out the side door while he's driving by. I had a customer tell me the other day, when she asked the Ground driver why he didn't bring the box up to their second floor business, his response was because the shipper didn't pay for that. It's an extra charge. Pregnant secretary and the Ground driver basically told her to kick rocks. Too bad. I LOL at some of the stuff I see from Ground on a daily basis. Ground Drivers are a funny breed

........it is great that you are smart enough to site one isolated example and determine that's how everyone operates.

A month ago I was driving my bulk route and went to a large golf retailer. I pulled up and there were 25-30 boxes sitting on the dock in front of a closed door. I called the number to get someone to come open the door(like one is supposed to) and they came out saying wow you already dropped off a bunch. "Nope" I informed them, those are UPS labels. There response "oh my hell he did it again" (gets on the phone) "yeah, the ups guy just left all our boxes again without calling us".

I guess all you guys are a bunch of lazy turds that can't do the basics of your job!

Based on your logic of course

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
........it is great that you are smart enough to site one isolated example and determine that's how everyone operates.

A month ago I was driving my bulk route and went to a large golf retailer. I pulled up and there were 25-30 boxes sitting on the dock in front of a closed door. I called the number to get someone to come open the door(like one is supposed to) and they came out saying wow you already dropped off a bunch. "Nope" I informed them, those are UPS labels. There response "oh my hell he did it again" (gets on the phone) "yeah, the ups guy just left all our boxes again without calling us".

I guess all you guys are a bunch of lazy turds that can't do the basics of your job!

Based on your logic of course
I had the same experience. Pulled up to a rural stop and they had a UPS delivered hunting stand in the drive. I went up, rang rhe bell and on my way back to the truck the lady opened the door and asked if it was too heavy to bring to the door. I said, "I don't know. It was here when I pulled up."

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Many of you guys who have such low opinions of Ground are clearly ignoring Ground's ability to adapt to change.

The opinions we have of Ground are based on the image that it presents to us via its drivers, contractors, and managers. If you don't like the conclusions we draw based on the image that is presented to us, present a better image.

59 Dano

Express employees who think they have a secure job are deluded. No union, at-will employment, and predatory management equals little job security.

Plenty of job security in the areas I'm associated with. Never seen a courier terminated for performance in my 10+ years with the company. Only performance-based discipline I've seen is for overlooks or an unexplainable amount of lates.

59 Dano

Right pal. As long as it's happen to the other guy. But your day's coming if it hasn't happened already. Here's a little fact that you clearly haven't been made aware of. We all get old and cannot work forever try as we may.

You act as if the Boeing employees have a bad deal.

bacha29

Plenty of job security in the areas I'm associated with. Never seen a courier terminated for performance in my 10+ years with the company. Only performance-based discipline I've seen is for overlooks or an unexplainable amount of lates.
In the end it be a question of who can get the job done in the correct manner and at the lowest cost. Whichever operating unit accomplishes that feat to them will go the benefits of doing so.

bbsam

Staff member
The opinions we have of Ground are based on the image that it presents to us via its drivers, contractors, and managers. If you don't like the conclusions we draw based on the image that is presented to us, present a better image.
X gets a lot more than they pay for. Don't like the image? Oh well...

dmac1

In the end it be a question of who can get the job done in the correct manner and at the lowest cost. Whichever operating unit accomplishes that feat to them will go the benefits of doing so.

At a minimum, Ground has put much downward pressure on wages at Express. Express drivers know that they have little if any bargaining power as long as fedex has other drivers doing the same for less.

dmac1

And I don't know how the hell Uber drivers get away without having taxi licenses or any other business license or oversight by the gov to ensure vehicle safety. No one is checking their tires once a week, or looking to see if they got the last scheduled oil change.

MAKAVELI

Banned
At a minimum, Ground has put much downward pressure on wages at Express. Express drivers know that they have little if any bargaining power as long as fedex has other drivers doing the same for less.
The only bargaining power we have at this point is turnover. Which seems to be keeping us above ground wages.

dmac1

The only bargaining power we have at this point is turnover. Which seems to be keeping us above ground wages.

And if express does transfer more to ground, and look to reduce wages or increase productivity, it will be dog eat dog. Increasing productivity simply by reducing the number of workers and making everyone else do more is the same as a wage cut.

MAKAVELI

Banned
And if express does transfer more to ground, and look to reduce wages or increase productivity, it will be dog eat dog. Increasing productivity simply by reducing the number of workers and making everyone else do more is the same as a wage cut.
Or by integrating ground into Express achieves the same result.;)