New driver...got sent home

Project Pat

Hello. I am a new driver and started this week. However, I walked in this morning on my 3rd day and got sent home because there aren't enough supervisors to train me.

Is this normal? And does anyone know if I still get paid? Something just doesn't seem right.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello. I am a new driver and started this week. However, I walked in this morning on my 3rd day and got sent home because there aren't enough supervisors to train me.

Is this normal? And does anyone know if I still get paid? Something just doesn't seem right.

absolutley normal get used to it

most of the time it’s worse
Just so ya know

quad decade guy

No work, no pay. Seem right? Oh friend....just wait.

Ackerlin

No you don't still get paid, not how that works son. You have to file for you're guaranteed hours, then you actually gotta work that booty in order to get the pay, no matter what they have you doing. BUT considering it's your 3rd day, you don't have that option since you aren't in the union as a full timer yet. So yea they can do whatever they want with you til you make it.

P.S is 22.4 like the most least respected position in the company anymore? I swear the janitors get more respect considering I've seen the fresh meat being used to dump trash bins. Hell, I've seen them pull an entire intergrad class to do QC work yesterday.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Hey if I were you I would just enjoy the days off. Don’t worry they’ll give you work. Same thing happened to me. I enjoyed the days off.

Staydryitsraining

Damn bro... little harsh. The guy showed up ready to work and was sent home because of UPS being unprepared. I think it's a valid question and actually reasonable. Some contracts even have show up pay.
I see the future, he calls out all the time, crys about his p/u's, in the dispatch office every morning whining about how the route next to him is lighter than him and why is he so heavy. Theres 2 different people, people who want it and people who want it handed to them.

Staydryitsraining

Why do you say that? It's a very vaild question. He showed up to work and was sent home. I'd be mad, I got bills to pay and need money. No need to be a jerk. People like you are a cancer.
It's his 3rd day driving, hes on here asking these questions. That tells me he probably was hired off the street, so zero effort given to get the position, if he wasnt hired off the street I'm almost 100% sure he would already know the answer, at worst he would know someone in the hub to ask and not come on here and ask. I'm not the cancer, the cancer is people wanting things handed to them, whining about everything, always looking for an easy way out.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
It's his 3rd day driving, hes on here asking these questions. That tells me he probably was hired off the street, so zero effort given to get the position, if he wasnt hired off the street I'm almost 100% sure he would already know the answer, at worst he would know someone in the hub to ask and not come on here and ask. I'm not the cancer, the cancer is people wanting things handed to them, whining about everything, always looking for an easy way out.

The cancer is anybody who thinks it’s ok to make somebody show up to work and not know if there will be work for them when they get there.