New OT Policy En Route

El Morado Diablo

That aught to be fun, we are so short drivers we have no one to complete the rte.

Sounds like my station.

We were really short-handed last year due to the hiring freeze and were having Dex 01's for the first time ever. We got our staffing up by late-Fall and even got a market level bump. Now were going through a wave of people leaving -- over 25% in the last month+ (almost all the new hires). It's going to be a busy summer for those of us that are left.

Aquaman

I bet you were a great manager.
He’s not a front line employee. His view of the company is through a spreadsheet. He has no idea… I welcome the severance check. Please pay me 20 weeks pay and give my freight to a Marlboro smokin, jorts wearing Ground pothead. Make my day.

Fergus Mahoney

LOL. They don't have to ask. Your shift is over early if they say it is and there isn't squat you can do about it.
This is what should happen. However the boots on the ground and in the trucks know it won't. Wish it would but my 28 years experience tells me it won't. I'm PT and can't wait till they ask to help on Friday's. 😚🍑

Aquaman

Well looks like the company has some money to throw around after all. Let’s see in October how much gets thrown to the employees. This company is so bold in their disrespect to its employees it won’t shock me if they cut pay in October. There is zero shame.

Well looks like the company has some money to throw around after all. Let’s see in October how much gets thrown to the employees. This company is so bold in their disrespect to its employees it won’t shock me if they cut pay in October. There is zero shame.
UPS isn't any different a year before the contract they raised the dividend by 50%

Then cried poor at contract time.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I actually can just not clock out. I mean that’s one of the frustrations of trying to manage a workgroup not in the building. Oh sorry there was traffic, whoops construction, oh no I had to get fuel, delivery held me up etc… I’m not doing “my part” in saving this company money lol. As far as I’m concerned this place owes me money. The 2% HEROES WORK HERE covid raise had a cost higher than 2%. If UPS is the Wal-Mart of shipping, we’re K-Mart… maybe even Big Lots. Go be a manager at Big Lots and try to tell an employee, well… anything. “Hey I really need you to get off the clock”…. Hahahahaha
I always loved the guys who have all the answers, but I also always wondered why they were lifetime entry level employees. Go figure!

59 Dano

I bet you were a great manager.
I thought so. 95% of the people were adults who wanted to be treated like adults, so that was easy.

The hard part is the other 5% who will consume so much of your time. You can coach them, reason with them, work with them and they will fight you ever step of the way and argue about everything. So I'd do what any good manager does when all of those avenues fail to bring about the desired results, and discipline them according to policy.

When a guy is sitting at home on a decision day trying to come up with his PIP after getting 2 warning letters in 7 weeks, it can bring about change. Often he realizes that he's on thin ice and needs to reconsider how he's been going about things. Other times he decides that he's just too smart for everyone at FedEx and people just have it in for him and all of his performance and conduct issues are due to politics and aren't his fault and FedEx doesn't deserve such a rock star employee like him so he should just quit without notice.

Either way, it's a benefit for the workgroup.

59 Dano

He’s not a front line employee. His view of the company is through a spreadsheet. He has no idea…
I can look at service levels (and most anything else) from the loop level all the way up to the company as a whole and see exactly what's going on in great detail at each level or I can listen to a front liner on BC -you, for example- tell me "facts."

yadig

I can look at service levels (and most anything else) from the loop level all the way up to the company as a whole and see exactly what's going on in great detail at each level or I can listen to a front liner on BC -you, for example- tell me "facts."
Then why are you on this forum?