New OT Policy En Route

DeliveryException

Hopefully it's not true but someone said 5th week of vacation at 20yrs is going away. If you don't have it already too bad. Again, only heard one person say it but the way things are headed it sounds likely.

El Morado Diablo

Hopefully it's not true but someone said 5th week of vacation at 20yrs is going away. If you don't have it already too bad. Again, only heard one person say it but the way things are headed it sounds likely.

Honestly, what would be the point of doing something like this?
The savings are minimal when you consider there won't be many people who would want to spend 20+ years working for this company.

El Morado Diablo

You have to think about who is actually running the company. Hint, it ain't Raj or FS.

There is a 14 year time in service gap between our most senior courier and the rest of our work group. I'm sure there are a lot of other stations with similar gaps (which had everything to do with FedEx ending bi-annual reviews and raises, etc).

MAKAVELI

There is a 14 year time in service gap between our most senior courier and the rest of our work group. I'm sure there are a lot of other stations with similar gaps (which had everything to do with FedEx ending bi-annual reviews and raises, etc).
FedEx has been actively keeping wages and benefits down for the last 20 years. But this is a new wave of culture to basically beat down the employee model down to the contractor model. There's a new sheriff in town and they are laying down the hammer. It's a philosophy that won't end well for the corporation.

Godzilla55

Also, with the no overtime after 8 hours policy now in effect it will also reduce the amount the company will match in the 401k because employees will not gross as much money as before. Pretty slick & sneaky. I plan on my last day to be November 27th. Not giving this company another peak. Especially when the holidays are on weekdays and won’t count towards your 40 hours worked for the week, so likely no overtime. Good luck everyone.

El Morado Diablo

Also, with the no overtime after 8 hours policy now in effect it will also reduce the amount the company will match in the 401k because employees will not gross as much money as before. Pretty slick & sneaky. I plan on my last day to be November 27th. Not giving this company another peak. Especially when the holidays are on weekdays and won’t count towards your 40 hours worked for the week, so likely no overtime. Good luck everyone.

Christmas week might see a LOT of Mon/Fri sick calls this year.

Artee

401k is what's going away, no one has been offered pension in 5 years
I would imagine they will end the portable pension before they stop the 401k. Besides a rumor do you have anything concrete about the 401k being ended. And what do you mean the 401k is going away? The match is going away? or FedEx is not going to offer a 401k in the future for all employees or just new hires?

Vin71

Several years ago you had the chance to freeze your PPA while opting to receive a higher 401k %. I believe 6% for 8% match. Or keep your PPA and stay with the donate 6% and receive 3% match.