NFL Boycott - Will FedEx Peak be easier...in current events?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Either way, I think we should expect more from a police force than an angry mob. By definition in fact.
Police are expected, no, required to be professional in carrying out the duties of their profession. There is no justification for their actions in the Rodney King situation. I would, however, condone the use of a sniper during something like the Reginald Denny beating.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Either way, I think we should expect more from a police force than an angry mob. By definition in fact.
Latest FBI Crime Statistics:In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. In 2016, there was a 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers. Is it any wonder that racial stereotyping exists in police service? In a war zone, the infantry isn't condemned for reacting to a perceived threat from a 'stereotypical' enemy. Their reaction is justified for survival.
These anthem protestors aren't solving anything. BLM members declare war on police, calling for an armed resistance. THAT is what the NFL should be protesting and condemning. Bring a solution to the debate, otherwise all you're doing is adding fuel to the fire.

vantexan

Latest FBI Crime Statistics:In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. In 2016, there was a 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers. Is it any wonder that racial stereotyping exists in police service? In a war zone, the infantry isn't condemned for reacting to a perceived threat from a 'stereotypical' enemy. Their reaction is justified for survival.
These anthem protestors aren't solving anything. BLM members declare war on police, calling for an armed resistance. THAT is what the NFL should be protesting and condemning. Bring a solution to the debate, otherwise all you're doing is adding fuel to the fire.
And as horrible as the shooting in Las Vegas is, look at the stats in Chicago alone since January 2016. Almost 1300 dead, thousands wounded. Very few of those by cops.

fatboy33

The point of my posts are that the impression is being given that whites, and white cops in particular, are responsible for most black deaths in this country. Not so and far from it. And what goes on in big cities is a reflection of the city's administration. Chicago is being run by Obama's former chief of staff. He's put limits on what police can do. When Giuliani ran New York crime dropped to historical lows. And do you know who that affected most? Blacks, who are victims of violent crime more than any other group. When cops are proactive lives are saved. If you want to believe all the race baiting B.S. out there that's your prerogative. Most cops ARE decent people doing an extremely tough job. People like you who assume the worst, want to believe the worst, don't make their job easier.
When those cops assume the worst in some people, an unarmed person is killed. My last post was just before Las Vegas. Another White male took up arms and slaughtered hundreds of innocent people, killing 58(if you believe only 58). Do you thing police are going to be "Proactive" shaking down middle aged white men? Maybe even shooting them if they move the wrong way with their child in the car? Of course not. Fear and hate is what drives many LEOs and thanks to the Fox news jurors, no cop will ever be convicted of a murder. Well maybe that Black Somali cop who executed that White Australian women in Minnesota. If the job is so hard, get the hell out. We've plenty of brave and fearless Vets with wartime experience. Give me those men. Not some scared little boys who's father or uncle got him hired onto the force.

fatboy33

Saw Denny get hit in the head with a brick. Pretty sure both endured a lot of pain.
And Denny should have stepped on the gas and did what he had to do. I was sickened by what he when through and nobody would have blamed him for running over idiots burning down where they live.

Oldfart

Are you equating Reginald Denny getting beaten by a mob to Rodney King getting beaten by the police?!
No. What happened to Reginald was worse. He did nothing wrong. Rodney had committed a traffic offense if memory serves me. He didn't deserve to get beaten but Reginald did NOTHING wrong prior to his beating.

As we would later find out. Rodney King was indeed a heathen. In and out of trouble.

fatboy33

Denny was worse. The man was only trying to do his job. King was racing through the Los Angeles area reaching speeds of 100MPH to avoid the police. He finally pulled over and the cops job wasn't to pass sentence in that street but to arrest him and let the courts have at him. Denny/King is not equal.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When those cops assume the worst in some people, an unarmed person is killed. My last post was just before Las Vegas. Another White male took up arms and slaughtered hundreds of innocent people, killing 58(if you believe only 58). Do you thing police are going to be "Proactive" shaking down middle aged white men? Maybe even shooting them if they move the wrong way with their child in the car? Of course not. Fear and hate is what drives many LEOs and thanks to the Fox news jurors, no cop will ever be convicted of a murder. Well maybe that Black Somali cop who executed that White Australian women in Minnesota. If the job is so hard, get the hell out. We've plenty of brave and fearless Vets with wartime experience. Give me those men. Not some scared little boys who's father or uncle got him hired onto the force.
Try going to church and giving your God (even he it is a doorknob) your hate.
The reason you feel this way is because you hate yourself.

MAKAVELI

Denny was worse. The man was only trying to do his job. King was racing through the Los Angeles area reaching speeds of 100MPH to avoid the police. He finally pulled over and the cops job wasn't to pass sentence in that street but to arrest him and let the courts have at him. Denny/King is not equal.
Denny was simply in the wrong place at the the wrong time. Was it friend* up ? Yeah. But had these cops actually treated King like a human being and done their jobs as they were trained to, Denny probably would've had a regular day on the road.