NFL Boycott - Will FedEx Peak be easier...in current events?

fatboy33

Try going to church and giving your God (even he it is a doorknob) your hate.
The reason you feel this way is because you hate yourself.
I'm actually extremely happy. I just don't like any minority having his rights being infringed upon. And I'll bet my Doorknob God is just as powerful as whatever you perceive God to be. I wonder were you God was last Sunday?

fatboy33

I am not God for sure.
Far from it ... certainly not all powerful nor omniscient.

Many people think they are happy but only because they are not honest with themselves.
Well, won't going into it because I like my anonymity, I'm very very very very very happy lol. Maybe you're not happy? Maybe there are things out there you'd like to do but can't? I don't know. Maybe you like seeing the news reporting on people that don't look like you being executed? maybe that makes you happy and taking it away is something you don't want to happen? Maybe?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, won't going into it because I like my anonymity, I'm very very very very very happy lol. Maybe you're not happy? Maybe there are things out there you'd like to do but can't? I don't know. Maybe you like seeing the news reporting on people that don't look like you being executed? maybe that makes you happy and taking it away is something you don't want to happen? Maybe?
Maybe!
I'd like to walk without hurting and I am sure there are lots of other things.
I'm fairly happy.
I don't worry about stuff I can't control ... it would be pretty stupid for me to do that. Maybe that works for you.
I take all the things I can't control and give them to my GOD.
My GOD has a cruncher in it's right knee that takes all my troubles, worries and fears I can't control and shreds them into nothingness.
My GOD is a great God.

Last edited:

vantexan

You've got an interesting take on things. But it's not cut and dried. Sometimes cops do terrible things. Most times they don't. But you seem to think most, if not all, cops are racist a-holes who are actively seeking to harm minorities. In a country of 325 million you see a few reports, some of which were twisted and untrue, some no doubt true, and conclude all cops are this or that. Even if you saw a thousand negative stories about cops that's a drop in the bucket compared to the number of interactions cops have with the public every day. And many of those stories will be false, twisted to get people just like you to at the very least doubt the police. A cop's job is to enforce the law. A soldier's job is to kill the enemy. Two different worlds. Hopefully you'll never have to call for help because you or your family's lives are in danger. And hopefully if you do need help you won't resist calling because of your distrust.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You've got an interesting take on things. But it's not cut and dried. Sometimes cops do terrible things. Most times they don't. But you seem to think most, if not all, cops are racist a-holes who are actively seeking to harm minorities. In a country of 325 million you see a few reports, some of which were twisted and untrue, some no doubt true, and conclude all cops are this or that. Even if you saw a thousand negative stories about cops that's a drop in the bucket compared to the number of interactions cops have with the public every day. And many of those stories will be false, twisted to get people just like you to at the very least doubt the police. A cop's job is to enforce the law. A soldier's job is to kill the enemy. Two different worlds. Hopefully you'll never have to call for help because you or your family's lives are in danger. And hopefully if you do need help you won't resist calling because of your distrust.
It's called 'reverse racism'. Ironic thing is, many of the blacks I know look down on Hispanics as THEIR inferior. To me, the only inferior ones are those who refuse to put in the effort to rise above their current station in life, then want to blame others for it. And Van, you were correct when you posted that our Federal Government is cultivating that mentality with social aid handed out without evidence of real need.

Serf

When those cops assume the worst in some people, an unarmed person is killed. My last post was just before Las Vegas. Another White male took up arms and slaughtered hundreds of innocent people, killing 58(if you believe only 58). Do you thing police are going to be "Proactive" shaking down middle aged white men? Maybe even shooting them if they move the wrong way with their child in the car? Of course not. Fear and hate is what drives many LEOs and thanks to the Fox news jurors, no cop will ever be convicted of a murder. Well maybe that Black Somali cop who executed that White Australian women in Minnesota. If the job is so hard, get the hell out. We've plenty of brave and fearless Vets with wartime experience. Give me those men. Not some scared little boys who's father or uncle got him hired onto the force.
The USA should take the example of Eastern Europe and Balkanize. Coalesce in religious and ethnic regions. African American Police in African American Cities, same for Caucasian, Asian, Latin. You may scoff, roll your eyes. But it's the only way to ensure it will not get worse.

bbsam

Staff member
The USA should take the example of Eastern Europe and Balkanize. Coalesce in religious and ethnic regions. African American Police in African American Cities, same for Caucasian, Asian, Latin. You may scoff, roll your eyes. But it's the only way to ensure it will not get worse.
The idea has some merit but I'm afraid the practice would end as school segregation did in finding that "separate but equal is not equal."

Serf

The idea has some merit but I'm afraid the practice would end as school segregation did in finding that "separate but equal is not equal."
I agree. But as I've grown up I am starting to believe more and more in tribalism. And how all US politics is and will continue to be identity politics. Birds of a feather flock together. Even though my neighborhood is fairly diverse as is the company I keep. These differences and priorities run deep in communities.

Serf

I'd absolutely love for anyone to offer a solid opinion as to what would work better. Also, proof otherwise as to how this isn't already happening in regions of the country already....

Serf

The world is separated into people who admit plainly obvious facts, and people who lie about it for brief pats on the head.
It's like going to a prominent African American City as a non black, and pretending you have social currency there.

bbsam

Staff member
I agree. But as I've grown up I am starting to believe more and more in tribalism. And how all US politics is and will continue to be identity politics. Birds of a feather flock together. Even though my neighborhood is fairly diverse as is the company I keep. These differences and priorities run deep in communities.
If you agree and if you still insist on separation (even beyond what now exists) then I think you need to go further and define how the "tribes" will achieve equality of opportunity and equality under the law. I think it's fairly evident that neither takes place so far.

overflowed

Serf have you ever seen the movie Hotel Rwanda? I think I'll take the screwed up way our country is now than any of that craziness.

vantexan

Tucker Carlson was talking about the significance of the NFL protests about a week ago. He pointed out the U.S. isn't a homogenized country like Japan. We don't all look alike, have the same culture. The only truly uniting force for the country is our national symbols, like the flag and the anthem. When we start attacking those what is left?

The Balkans are divided. Having read numerous forums with actual participants from those countries I can tell you there's deep animosity there towards others who aren't in their group. There are historical reasons for this but unfortunately people are taught from a young age to hate that group over there. It's not like the U.S. in that regard. And all through the region the darker Roma, known here as gypsies, live at the edge of society and are despised. Don't get me wrong. You can visit Serbia or Albania or Bosnia and be treated really well by locals. But if your conversation turns to how is the next country over you'll be told they're dangerous, uncivilized, evil, conniving, etc. Have seen too many traveler reports, blogs, forum posts to think otherwise. It's ingrained in the region. It's not what we should want for our country. But we can see here the tensions between groups seems to have worsened. I still think the best solution is the continued mixing of the races. Not forced, just the natural progression of things. When we're all mixed up and related maybe we can get past the physical differences and become a more homogenized culture. It's noted often that whites won't be the majority soon, if you add up all the minorities. With large groups of minorities blending with whites maybe we can come up with a people uniquely American.

oldngray

nowhere special
Tucker Carlson was talking about the significance of the NFL protests about a week ago. He pointed out the U.S. isn't a homogenized country like Japan. We don't all look alike, have the same culture. The only truly uniting force for the country is our national symbols, like the flag and the anthem. When we start attacking those what is left?

The Balkans are divided. Having read numerous forums with actual participants from those countries I can tell you there's deep animosity there towards others who aren't in their group. There are historical reasons for this but unfortunately people are taught from a young age to hate that group over there. It's not like the U.S. in that regard. And all through the region the darker Roma, known here as gypsies, live at the edge of society and are despised. Don't get me wrong. You can visit Serbia or Albania or Bosnia and be treated really well by locals. But if your conversation turns to how is the next country over you'll be told they're dangerous, uncivilized, evil, conniving, etc. Have seen too many traveler reports, blogs, forum posts to think otherwise. It's ingrained in the region. It's not what we should want for our country. But we can see here the tensions between groups seems to have worsened. I still think the best solution is the continued mixing of the races. Not forced, just the natural progression of things. When we're all mixed up and related maybe we can get past the physical differences and become a more homogenized culture. It's noted often that whites won't be the majority soon, if you add up all the minorities. With large groups of minorities blending with whites maybe we can come up with a people uniquely American.

Trouble in the Balkans started WW1.