NHL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not sure about hard hitting. The last game the Bruins played with Tampa, not 1 single penalty was called. First game I ever watched without a penalty or powerplay !
Vancouver better watch out, and not get caught with too many penalties. It might kill them if the Bruins keep playing like that.
But, I think Vancouver plays a faster game, I wouldn't be surprised if Vancouver does it in 5, again !

Hard-hitting does not always mean dirty. Ask Marty St. Louis how it felt to get levelled on a clean hit.

Versus won't allow the series to only go 5 games.

klein

Für Meno :)
Vancouver played with the devil before, after leading the series 3:0 against Chicago, just to tie it up 3:3 and go to game 7.
I don't think they'll do it, again !

Mind you, Boston had enough of it, too - just had their 7th game.

Actually, I'm more leaning towards a 5 game series now, and Vancouver receives the cup at home !

klein

Just had to check out the predictions and bets :

The 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Odds have the Vancouver Canucks 2 to 1 favorite to win game one of the series and they are heavy favorites to win the Cup as they were the best team in the NHL this season.

NHL - (1 OPEN EVENT)

NHL - Jun 01

NHL PLAYOFFS - STANLEY CUP GAME 1 WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1ST
GM1
5:05 PM
1BOSTON -o5½+120 +170
2VANCOUVER GM1-u5½-140 -200

I'm not an odds sports better, but if you bet on Boston you get tons more money as seen above.

DS

Fenderbender
Klein, I bet you that Vancouver will take it in 7 games.
If they take it in 5 or any other possibility,like Boston in 4,you win.
I'll send you an 8 pack of creemore cans if I'm wrong.
If I'm right you send me a $50 Timcard.
You have much better odds of winning
deal?

klein

Yeeeeehaaaaaaawwww !!!!

TODAY - May 31, 2011

wninipegjets-metrolarge.jpg

NHL to return to Winnipeg: reports

The sale of the Atlanta Thrashers will bring a professional team back to the ice in Manitoba after 15 years.

DS

Fenderbender
I won't go with the beer. I can go $40 in shell gas coupons.
What happens if they win in 6 ? nobody wins ?

If either team wins in 6 you win.
If anything other than Vancouver in 7 you win.
I have no use for shell gas coupons.
I'll bet you $50 cash CDN to your $150
Your odds of winning are at least 6 to one or better I'd think

klein

Finally ! Hockey night in Canada returns.
Any predictions for tonights game ?

I think they will play careful tonight, and it will result in a low scoring game.
I predict 3:1, 3:2, or 2:1 for Vancouver

klein

Well, 1:0 Vancouver , Mission game 1 completed.
To celebrate, check out the "What's cooking" thread.

I posted a recipe for Boston Baked Beans on it ! ;)

klein

web-parrot_jpeg_1282222cl-3.jpg

Canucks win predicted by Cosmo the Parrot

VIVIAN LUK

Vancouver— Globe and Mail Update

Published Thursday, Jun. 02, 2011 6:35PM EDT

Move over, Paul the Octopus (may his glorious FIFA World Cup predictions never be forgotten as he rests in peace). The Vancouver Aquarium now has its own eerily accurate animal prophet for the NHL finals: Cosmo the Parrot.

one of her predictions has come true:

Game 1: Canucks
Game 2: Canucks
Game 3: Canucks
Game 4: Bruins
Game 5: Canucks

(puts me right on schedule with my win in 5) :)
game 3 and 4 might be reverse though.... lets see how Cosmo does :)

more of the story, go to the link above.

Oh yeah, almost forgot : Boston Baked Beans on the menu tomorrow, again :)

TheKid

It may seem crazy to call game 2 of a 7 game series a must win but here goes. Game 2 is a "must win" game for my Bruins.

klein

Wow, my first thought when I heard Winnepeg needed to sell 13000 season tickets to make certain the Atlanta Thrashers moves there, I was a bit worried and didn't expect this :

Winnipeg's new NHL team has reached its goal of selling 13,000 season tickets.
The number was made on Saturday, just minutes after tickets went on sale to the general public at noon local time.
"Officially Sold out! Reached our goal within 17 minutes of noon. THANK YOU!!!!" said a post on the ticket campaign's official Twitter account.

"We look forward to seeing everyone this fall at MTS Centre for opening night of regular-season NHL hockey in Winnipeg."
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said he was impressed by how quickly the tickets sold out.
"While I had no doubt the 'Drive to 13,000' would reach its destination, the remarkable speed at which it got there certifies the fans' hunger for NHL hockey and their commitment to True North's initiatives," Bettman said in a statement.

Besides, all that, wishing the 'Nucks" all the best for tonight - Go Nucks Go !
Still standing at my 4 goals for them tonight ! :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I forgot to mention this the other day but when my son and I went to the Red Sox game this past Wednesday Rene Rancourt, who sings the National Anthem for the Bruins, sang the National Anthem and, yes, he did his fistpump. During the game there were "Let's Go, Bruins" cheers.

Bruins win tonight to tie it up.