NHL

And for your knowledge, by 8am this morning over 10.000 Vancouverites have voluntered to help clean up the city streets.
Haven't looked lately, but they have a facebook site set up for those that want to help out, and what a shame it was for this friendly city to ever happen.

Probably well over the 100.000 mark now.
So, some goodness comes out of this , too.

Besides all that, the fb site wants any pictures capturing those few idiots vandelizing Few? Paper says over a 100, not counting those wanted for the stabbings. , so they can forward them to police and/or post them so they will be brought to justice.

Good going Vancouver - still proud of you ! :)

It was reported that Canadian authorities claim it was "criminals and vandals dressed in canucks clothing impersonating fans that rioted". Gee Klein, I guess we owe you an apology. We thought you were the only Canadian unable to accept personal responsibility for your actions. Apparently its your country`s motto.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
It was reported that Canadian authorities claim it was "criminals and vandals dressed in canucks clothing impersonating fans that rioted". Gee Klein, I guess we owe you an apology. We thought you were the only Canadian unable to accept personal responsibility for your actions. Apparently its your country`s motto.

Ouch !

P

pickup

You can be the poet Laureate on this site:whiteflag: ,well written and perfectly presented

As much as I like to take credit for that poem, I actually lifted the last part of it and changed it around just a tad.

I just assumed most people would have recognized where I lifted it from. Maybe that poem is just an American thing.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Comparing Canada to Mudville .......Sedin twins to Thelma and Louise .........Ouch Double Ouch offhanded shots to our brothers from the North

klein

Für Meno :)
It don't matter, I just hope we get another exciting season next year, again.
Maybe my Oilers might make the playoffs ?
besides, it's going to be nice to have Winnepeg, back, too :)

Story is the riot police line came through and the young lady was knocked to the ground hitting her head. Her boyfriend threw himself on her to protect her and as the police line went by a photographer caught the moment.

klein

Because that same footage made it all the way to Australian Newsmedia,
the boys parents recognized thier son in that footage, he is currently in Vancouver on a Student Visa, and that's his new Canadian girlfriend.
And, btw, they will be heading to the US soon, before he flies back to Aussieland.

DS

Fenderbender
The Winnipeg jets unveiled their new logo today...I like it

The 2nd two are runner ups...it looks very military though
jetslogo_584.jpg

klein

Well, it was a true "Alberta Clipper" yesterday. Calgary wins in Detroit, and Edmonton win's it's 6th game in a row in LA 3:0.
Edmonton Oilers now 2nd best team in the league (after Toronto which has played 1 game more).

Tomorrow, we're going to batter some Coyotes in Oil ! :) (Edmonton vs Phoenix).

klein

Winnipeg Jets to get Canada Post's stamp of approval

OTTAWA — The celebration of the return of the Winnipeg Jets continues this week with the release Thursday of a commemorative team stamp.
Canada Post president Deepak Chopra and Manitoba junior cabinet minister Steven Fletcher are set to unveil the stamp Thursday afternoon at the MTS Centre, where the Jets play their home games. Team president and CEO Jim Ludlow and Manitoba Deputy Premier Eric Robinson also will be part of the event.
The stamp will commemorate the National Hockey League's return to the city after a 15-year absence.
Earlier this fall, the Royal Canadian Mint unveiled a commemorative 50-cent piece for the Jets, featuring the team's new logo. The coin sells for $14.95. There is also a limited edition $20 pure silver commemorative coin selling for $94.95.

Canada Post has a long history of stamping up our hockey history.

Between 2000 and 2005, Canada Post released more than two dozen stamps featuring NHL all-stars, such as Wayne Gretzky and Bobby Hull.

Read more: http://www.globalwinnipeg.com/Winni...amp+approval/5678578/story.html#ixzz1dE2VlTrz

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Crosbys return important enough to the CBC to televise the Pens vs Islanders game
instead of the Habs vs Bruins.I bet them French are tabernakking that decision
:wink2:
What la friend*?
I'm watching it right now,1 goal under 6 minutes in and an assist in the first period.
THE KID IS BACK! Not that this is the reason this thread is alive again.

Sidney Crosby Accomplishes Improbable As Bruins, Canadiens Unite in Joy Over Penguins Star's Return - NHL - NESN.com

2 goals and 2 assists in his return and a 5-0 win against the Islanders!!! The Kid is back, watch out for the Pens now!!!

klein

Oilers will kill the pengs :) like they did Chicago 9:2 the other day ! :)

As our city motto : "City of Champions" !

images

Last edited:

texan

Klein and Moreluck corrected me for posting the below on World Junior Hockey thread.
1 for it was not pro hockey. 2 because the thread is not in sports.

So I will repost in the correct place:
I use to love watching Pro hockey live when young. Played it also. I was not good at baseball or basketball, but I sure could
skate at the youngest age.

Broke my nose playing hockey. ah memories...

I will never forget the 1980 Olympics. Height of the cold war, and we pulled that off.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Never mind Jr hockey '80 Olympics it is 24/7 Flyers - Rangers The Winter Classic in Philly @ CB Park Gene Hart, Bernie Parent,Bobby Clark,The Legion of Doom, Claude Giroux,Yamir Jagir ,Messier,Brian Leitch, and on