NHL

P

pickup

Shows how much I have been paying attention. I thought that there were still ties in hockey games, although I found out yesterday , there is no such thing anymore. I guess I got fooled when I would hear that a team picked up a point in a game. Apparently, the eventual losing team can get a point if tied by end of the third period. Then there is overtime and after that , "penalty" shots, until a winner is determined.

Go figure. Another puck in the net!

tarbar66

I hate when the Pens loose to the Flyers in game 1 but that's why the 1st team to win 4 games wins the series!

The Flyers took advantage of the break down by the Pens and won by never giving up.

I'm glad my wife doesn't read here or I would be sleeping in the spare bedroom.

DS

Fenderbender
It always amazes me how intense the action is in the playoffs.
In fact,if these guys played like this all season,they might be actually earning that 1.5 million $
they get paid every year.Think of it this way,if a ups driver establishes a certain amount of productivity,
he /she is expected to maintain or exceed that or get a 3 day ride.
I can hardly skate,but give me 2 million a year and I'll be in playoff mode every game.
Hell,I'd be the next Gretzky.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It always amazes me how intense the action is in the playoffs.
In fact,if these guys played like this all season,they might be actually earning that 1.5 million $
they get paid every year.Think of it this way,if a ups driver establishes a certain amount of productivity,
he /she is expected to maintain or exceed that or get a 3 day ride.
I can hardly skate,but give me 2 million a year and I'll be in playoff mode every game.
Hell,I'd be the next Gretzky.
Have you seen Gretzky's daughter.......OMG !! I saw her on TMZ.....

Wayne Gretzky's Daughter Paulina -- Sexy Side-Boob Rebellion | TMZ.com

texan

Flyers are 2-0

For the second game in a row, the Penguins stormed out of the gate. Crosby's goal tied a franchise record
for the fastest goal to start a playoff game as the Flyers got caught trying to make an immediate line change.
And when Paul Martinn scored with 17.2 seconds left in the first period to give the Pens a 3-1 lead, logic
suggested the odds were long that the Flyers would come back for a second straight game.

Uh. No.

In spite of being outscored 6-1 in the first period of this series' first two games, the Flyers proved that
they have been wildly undervalued as a Cup contender.

"We're able to come back in a game like that again, I think it speaks volumes about the character in the
room not only from the veteran players but the younger players as well," Flyers coach Peter Laviolette said.

Fighting back like that is not easy. Players were so resilient that it's unbelievable."

What was unbelievable was this game.

The Flyers scored two shorthanded goals.
Two players, Couturier and Claude Giroux, had hat tricks.

Giroux collected six points, setting a franchise playoff record.

Couturier had four points, tying a franchise playoff record for most points by a rookie in a game.

After climbing out of a 3-0 first-period hole in Game 1 to win 4-3 in overtime, the Flyers
erased deficits of 2-0, 3-1, 4-3 and 5-4 in Game 2.

Against arguably the most talented offensive team in the NHL, the Flyers went toe to toe, almost
daring the Penguins to make mistakes. And when they did, Philadelphia made Pittsburgh pay.

For long stretches of the game it seemed that every shift represented a glorious chance for one of these teams.

Through two games, this series has featured 20 goals and left all of the hype looking somehow inadequate.

Even after the Flyers took their first regulation lead of the series on Jaromir Jagr's goal midway through the third period off yet another juicy rebound given up by Pittsburgh netminder Marc-Andre Fleury, the outcome remained in doubt.

With little more than two minutes to go and the Penguins pressing, James Neal dove trying to poke a
loose puck into the Flyers' goal. His effort narrowly missed and the Flyers went the length of the ice with
Couturier completing the hat trick off a great feed from Giroux to make it 7-5. Giroux added an
empty-net goal, but that's how close this wacky game came from taking one more pivotal turn.

FINAL SCORE: Flyers beat Pittsburg 8-5

2012 NHL Playoffs: Philadelphia Flyers' win over Pittsburgh Penguins is one for the ages - ESPN

tarbar66

I saw Crosby's goal--it was on a give and go :15 in to the game. Beautiful play.

Pittsburgh down 0-2 going to Philly is not good.

The Pens have dug themselves out of 0-2 twice before.

The Flyers did what they had to do to win. 2 former Pens (Talbot and Jagr) helped the Flyers to the victory.

The game on Sunday in Philly should be a great one, Go Pens Go!

texan

The Pens have dug themselves out of 0-2 twice before.

The Flyers did what they had to do to win. 2 former Pens (Talbot and Jagr) helped the Flyers to the victory.

The game on Sunday in Philly should be a great one, Go Pens Go!

I am not rubbing this in any ones face. Philly and Pittsburg should be a good game on Sunday.

DS

Fenderbender
Now I ain't a gambler but when I was at the kiosk at the mall,I looked at the games yesterday and put $20 on 3 games .
Ottawa won,the blues won,and Chicago won:congratualtions:I got a $118.50 payout.
Those flyers seem indestructible,they are IMHO the probable cup winner this year.
But I ain't gonna bet on it :)

klein

Für Meno :)
DS, you need to buy Budweiser. Sofar I won 6 Mc Cains rising crust pizzas on those beer caps. (1 in every 2 dozen).
Hoping for something bigger though, like the 55`screen TV.

Grand prize is : Hockey tickets for life !