No more integrad.

UPSjedi41

I dodged the Integrad bullet. The Franklin Park facility is only 25 minutes away. But it was so backed up in 2013-2014 I got in by doing the driving school in Bedford Park. I still fear one day UPS will tell me I still need to go because I’m not “qualified”

badpal

I dodged the Integrad bullet. The Franklin Park facility is only 25 minutes away. But it was so backed up in 2013-2014 I got in by doing the driving school in Bedford Park. I still fear one day UPS will tell me I still need to go because I’m not “qualified”
I kinda fear that and i got 40 years in , and from what they tell me the uniform appearance standards would doom me. Be kicked out by lunch.

UPSER1987

Problem is they are promoting from the ones with little to no experience doing the job. Which is probably to their advantage.

In 30 plus years I have have seen a gradual decline in both the quality of person(employee) from both a management and hourly perspective.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don't see any way this can come back to bite the company in the ass.
upload_2020-4-13_7-49-33.jpeg

Hot Carl

Integrad was a waste of time and money anyway.
And to make matters worse, the company is well aware of that fact. Our HR director told me as much point blank and also said that any time he raised the issue to his superiors, the only response he ever heard was, "oh but they have the best trainers down there", which they don't. There is not a single thing of value that is taught at Integrad that couldn't be learned by simply riding along with a veteran driver for a week instead.

Management in our center hates Integrad as much as anyone. It's bad enough that most of the people they send there come back with nothing, but the ones who manage to pass come back unequipped to actually do the job.

JJinVA

Newbie day one without Integrad

Newbie: How do I punch in boss?
Newbie: How do I scan a package?
Newbie: Which one is the stop complete button?
Newbie: Customer wants me to take a package on road what do I do?
Newbie: What do you mean I'm 10 hours over Orion? I thought that was a constellation?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They are doing the same thing in feeders. No training week, no production week, no CDL needed. They just throw you the keys and tell you good luck. Crazy times...

Brisket

What are the chances that once this virus thing dies down UPS will try to play catch up on the ride a longs that should have happened? I would say about 100%.

They will be doing ride alongs until peak...lol!
Guess I mean peak2 since we are basically in 1 now.