No more OT in 2021

Dirk Digler

Bam all done!!
This peak has been very telling what the future may bring as far as OT . I have been with ups since 93 and this is easily one of the easiest in all those years . I get it , every once in awhile the company says getting rid of OT but this time it has a different vibe with all the extra drivers doubled up in a rentals during peak.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
This peak has been very telling what the future may bring as far as OT . I have been with ups since 93 and this is easily one of the easiest in all those years . I get it , every once in awhile the company says getting rid of OT but this time it has a different vibe with all the extra drivers doubled up in a rentals during peak.
We won’t have PVD outside of peak to take that OT away

The cost of benefits is more expensive than overtime.
Th6 company will have to find the right balance between them

rod

Retired 23 years
How many miles??? The guy that used to deliver to my daughter in MT said that 35-40 stops was an 8 hour day on his route.
We had a couple routes that were dispatched at 20 to 35 stops. They were 300 mile a day routes (mostly gravel roads). Some days they were sent out with less than 20 stops.

Rarefish383

Even if they were willing to do that, I've never been in a UPS building yet that has capacity for all the extra cars that would require.
Our building can hold 400 package cars and has 168 trailer bays, and I know some are lots bigger. But, could they hold all the extra's that would be needed, doubt it.

It has been ups plan to reduce ot for a year now, but covid delayed it.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I’m on the west coast and we are hearing from union 8 hour days starting January . Anyone else hearing this in their area?
That would be a dream come true! Code 6 though, no 5's.

If this is true. Tell everyone in your building to act upset about it. What we've learned over the years/decades in our building. Any time management from District to part-time when they announce a change they get that smug grin like they can't wait to torture us. So act really upset and then on pre-trip start high-fiving all the drivers away from management's eyes.

Last edited:

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Think of all the time you spend in the building and driving to your area. You think the company wants to pay us 8 hours for 6 hours of work?
they pay us 10 hours for 8 hours of work with the building time and driving to and from your area now..............not seeing the difference here.