No more OT in 2021

Dumbo

So basically with leaving the building and return to building that would be a 7 hour dispatch every day and pickups wouldn't be done after 430pm. I don't see it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We had a division manager come by one time must have been late 80’s early 90’s
He stands up on the belt and says nobody is ever going to work over 9.5 except during peak
I ask him when does this start. He says today I say well you need to pull about 2 hours worth of work off of me

He looks at the center manager and says get him down
lasted less than a week and it was back to the way it’s always been

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
So basically with leaving the building and return to building that would be a 7 hour dispatch every day and pickups wouldn't be done after 430pm. I don't see it.
And even then that only would work if we leave the building on time and never have to break trace for a pickup. And I guess they will completely stop trying to service misloads too.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
And even then that only would work if we leave the building on time and never have to break trace for a pickup. And I guess they will completely stop trying to service misloads too.
I break trace for a pickup at least 15 miles every day of the year. Sad thing is there's another driver delivering there when i pick up. Too bad I'm just a dumb truck driver or i would say something. They have all the technology in the world and are too stupid to use it.

542thruNthru

Anyone working in a center that small isn’t really working for UPS. You have no clue. Lol
1.gif

Not true from the management side.

Give me 3 or 4 or those to manage any day....

Even Dragon knows this guy's a PT sup. ;)

Zowert

I wish I could work 4 12s ....6am to 6pm.
🧔✊
You can always do four 14 hour days, leaving you with just 4 DOT hours on Friday and at that point why even bother going in. By the time you get on route you would have less than three hours, save at least 30 minutes to return to center and it’s not even worth sending you out, it’s just risking a massive DOT fine. I managed to do this once (Prime week 2018), I had like 4.5 hours left on a Friday so they told me I could stay home.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
You can always do four 14 hour days, leaving you with just 4 DOT hours on Friday and at that point why even bother going in. By the time you get on route you would have less than three hours, save at least 30 minutes to return to center and it’s not even worth sending you out, it’s just risking a massive DOT fine. I managed to do this once (Prime week 2018), I had like 4.5 hours left on a Friday so they told me I could stay home.
14-hour days. Are you guys completely nuts?

Does anyone here even know why unions were established in the 19th century?

4-14's! No way!
I also agree these "planned days" are BS. If they want to take away our O.T. make them do it by straight hours worked.

We've got routes with 190 *delivery* stops that range between 8.17-8.8 planned and they're 10-hour days by the rules and 340 (Zodiac Cipher) Methods.