Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

oldngray

nowhere special
I read that the only auto that withstood the 10 was the Glock. I have a friend that has one and loves it, very flat shooting round
I had a 10 on 1911 style frame and it barely worked. It had a lifetime guarantee and I sent it back to the factory once but the company (Wyoming Arms) went out of business so I basically have a good looking paperweight.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I only had the old ones, that’s good to know. It was an issue, especially for a ‘combat’ handgun.
It's like the old vs the new Model 66. The old ones had issues with a steady diet of .357 like the Pythons but the new ones beefed up the problem areas and don't have those issues anymore.

Off the leash

It's like the old vs the new Model 66. The old ones had issues with a steady diet of .357 like the Pythons but the new ones beefed up the problem areas and don't have those issues anymore.
Exactly, I would tell people to practice with .38 special. Shoot a few .357 to get the feel, then carry either +P or .357. You could crack the frame with to many magnums, The 586 and 686 solved that problem. And Rugers are beasts and can take a lot of punishment

Off the leash

91F608D9-0707-4415-9AEC-86895D510F89.jpeg
For things that go bump in the night

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I read that the only auto that withstood the 10 was the Glock. I have a friend that has one and loves it, very flat shooting round

I had an early Colt Delta Elite and never had a problem, although it was slightly "tweaked" with a fitted barrel bushing

and a full-length guide rod from Kings. Still maintained the 2 spring setup, but slightly stiffer springs. Also, I did some

polishing on the trigger and sear assembly.... polishing.... and not filing.

I ran a bunch of the original Norma 10mm loads. They were screamers.

200gr FMJFP @ 1300 fps. 180gr HP @ 1400+ fps. Fun shooting at an indoor range.

The S&W auto's have a good reputation for reliability, endurance, and accuracy. But now.... crazy expensive.

If I found one for a reasonable price, I would ship it off to Novak, for some fairy dust to be applied to it. ;)

Off the leash

I had an early Colt Delta Elite and never had a problem, although it was slightly "tweaked" with a fitted barrel bushing

and a full-length guide rod from Kings. Still maintained the 2 spring setup, but slightly stiffer springs. Also, I did some

polishing on the trigger and sear assembly.... polishing.... and not filing.

I ran a bunch of the original Norma 10mm loads. They were screamers.

200gr FMJFP @ 1300 fps. 180gr HP @ 1400+ fps. Fun shooting at an indoor range.

The S&W auto's have a good reputation for reliability, endurance, and accuracy. But now.... crazy expensive.

If I found one for a reasonable price, I would ship it off to Novak, for some fairy dust to be applied to it. ;)
I have a Novak custom 1911 in .45 acp. I had built on a series 70 Colt in 1994. It cost me a grand then just for the work. Among other things I but a Bar-Sto barrel in it to. He’s not to crazy about guide rods in 1911s. The Delta was a nice pistol, 10 mm is punishing round for an auto, but they held up better than most. I had a buddy that had a Bren Ten, nice gun! Another had a Grizzly in 45 Win mag. Absolutely a beast!

Off the leash

If you could even find one.

Truthfully.... Bren 10's look like a blunt tool.
Nowadays lol. We found one new in box at the Big E gun show in Springfield Ma. I think he paid 1400 for it with 3 mags. That was over 20 years ago. He had nothing but money it was no problem for him. It’s largely a collectors item. For when you want to dress up like Sonny Crocket on Miami Vice lol.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Reloaders. Need some recommendations on a new powder drop. Running Lee Perfect Powder measurer and would like to upgrade. Thinking RCBS quick change but open to any recs.

I don’t hate my Lee but not really in love by it. Seems to run a little inconsistent at times (depending on powder) and some powder it won’t run a lick (ex CFE pistol especially). Thanks

oldngray

nowhere special
Reloaders. Need some recommendations on a new powder drop. Running Lee Perfect Powder measurer and would like to upgrade. Thinking RCBS quick change but open to any recs.

I don’t hate my Lee but not really in love by it. Seems to run a little inconsistent at times (depending on powder) and some powder it won’t run a lick (ex CFE pistol especially). Thanks
I use an old Lyman 55 measure. The thing is a really old design but solid and built to last. It can be a little inconsistent with grain powders but I think that is probably true for all measures. Pretty consistent with ball and flake powders. Definitely more accurate than my Lee turret press measure.