Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Maybe not as recently as I thought....
Checked my 2 main gun shops, none showing.
You may find an old German ppk. But walther hasn’t made them for a long time. I don’t know if they are still made under license. I had a stainless ppk years ago, I think smith and Wesson was making them.

Karma...

my fathers Walters were made in Germany prior to ww2.....he traded ciggeretts for them....I think a package weapon......the trick was getting them into the us of a.....if the weapons were found off into the drink they went....what a joke..even back then......we never hunted but my dad felt that everyone should be at least proficient with weapons.....he never call them guns, rifles , pistols etc....only weapons....I agree.......the mindset back then was very different than what it is now.......we have been and are a watered down society where its mostly someone else's fault......there are some hold-outs in the country...few and far between in ct, ma, ri, ny, and most of the west coast...I guess entitlement ........my children are screwed and they know it.....democrats seem to think that the only way to solve a problem is thru taxation the people who work to give to the people who dont.....I was fortunate to be at ups starting at 18 with a 2 year break (usmc)...the people I worked with are incredible workers.

UnionStrong

This guy says the ppk is basically outdated junk
Considering they were designed in 1935, they are outdated. They can be prone to feeding problems too so only ball ammo is recommended. I had a stainless ppk, a gunsmith did some work on it making it very reliable. Neat little carry gun.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Considering they were designed in 1935, they are outdated. They can be prone to feeding problems too so only ball ammo is recommended. I had a stainless ppk, a gunsmith did some work on it making it very reliable. Neat little carry gun.
Ultimately I ended up just sticking with my snub revolvers.

Karma...

I agree....I would never trust a semi-auto with my life....ive never had a revolver not fire ...semi-autos yes and both types I keep clean and lubed......semi auto rifles are different due to the stronger pressure which cycles much better than the pistols....at least thats my experience.........full auto rifles are reliable as long as the cycle numbers are not too high......certainly helped the ak 47

UnionStrong

I agree....I would never trust a semi-auto with my life....ive never had a revolver not fire ...semi-autos yes and both types I keep clean and lubed......semi auto rifles are different due to the stronger pressure which cycles much better than the pistols....at least thats my experience.........full auto rifles are reliable as long as the cycle numbers are not too high......certainly helped the ak 47
I trust my Glock 19. Never had a failure to feed. Ammo can misfire so you have to be able to quickly clear the chamber. With my detective special, all I have to do is pull the trigger again.