Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

over9five

Staff member
I used to change carry guns a lot. Then I only changed for the seasons, heavy gun when youre wearing more clothes, smaller gun in Summer for under a tshirt.
Now I generally carry my 9mm Sheild year round.
Except now I'm ready to change it up. My full size Beretta or a .357.
I have a .380 Bodyguard, but I rarely carry it now, only if I need something that hides well in just a pocket holster.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I used to change carry guns a lot. Then I only changed for the seasons, heavy gun when youre wearing more clothes, smaller gun in Summer for under a tshirt.
Now I generally carry my 9mm Sheild year round.
Except now I'm ready to change it up. My full size Beretta or a .357.
I have a .380 Bodyguard, but I rarely carry it now, only if I need something that hides well in just a pocket holster.
I carry a little beretta 950 B in .25 acp. in summer

oldngray

nowhere special
I carry a little beretta 950 B in .25 acp. in summer
I have one of those as mostly a novelty gun but wouldn't trust anything smaller than a .380 to carry

Beretta 950 2.JPG

UnionStrong

I have one of those as mostly a novelty gun but wouldn't trust anything smaller than a .380 to carry

View attachment 424842
It’s better than nothing. I only use FMJ rounds, 8 + 1, and it’s very reliable. I don’t know if you checked what they cost lately. I carry one exactly like that, and I have one I bought at a gun show, in the box, as new, that has no safety. It’s one made in the 50’s, pre 64 gun laws. Mint.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
It’s better than nothing. I only use FMJ rounds, 8 + 1, and it’s very reliable. I don’t know if you checked what they cost lately. I carry one exactly like that, and I have one I bought at a gun show, in the box, as new, that has no safety. It’s one made in the 50’s, pre 64 gun laws. Mint.
I saw a guy get shot with one of those .25 Beretta's. It just pissed him off. Actually never made it past his outer clothing. The range was about 10-15 feet.

oldngray

nowhere special
The best .25 made. Which isn't saying very much. I think I paid about $100 for mine used a long time ago.

Johney

Pineapple King
Not many choices in compact .45's but as long as you are OK with fewer rounds in the magazine a good choice in my opinion. I used to have a Firestar in .45 that was a very nice size but kind of heavy with its all steel construction.
That is the downside of course, depending on where I am I do carry an extra mag just in case. Not a big deal to have one in my pocket.

UnionStrong

.22 is probably slightly better than a .25 but it's pretty much a toss up. Mostly because of more ammo choices for the .22 while a .25 you only have about one FMJ load.
No, they have hollow points and other special rnds. In .25. FMJ is better for penetrating. The velocity is too low for hollow points to penetrate and expand.