Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

bbsam

Staff member
I know a few people that have one, I hear they shoot like a dream. I'm sure it's heavy for edc being all steel. I do like CZs.
This one is an aluminum alloy. Slightly heavier than a Glock 19 but works fine for an edc. Definitely not a Gx4 or Hellcat size but much nicer shooting.

This one is an aluminum alloy. Slightly heavier than a Glock 19 but works fine for an edc. Definitely not a Gx4 or Hellcat size but much nicer shooting.
I got into the P-10 series, couple of compacts and sub-compacts. Shoot and feel just like a VP9 with a better trigger. I've shot quite a few CZs and I love 'em.

bbsam

Staff member
I got into the P-10 series, couple of compacts and sub-compacts. Shoot and feel just like a VP9 with a better trigger. I've shot quite a few CZs and I love 'em.
I did have to get used to the decocker and carrying with the hammer half cocked. I’m 100% certain it’s safe to do but definitely required convincing from my buddy and YT. I guess it does help with gun safety because I can’t imagine hitting the decocker with it pointed anywhere but a safe direction.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you like H&K’s? They seem a little pricey but I’ve heard generally good things about them. I’ll have to stop back by the range and try some of the brands I used to consider outside what I was willingly to spend. I’m slowly becoming more comfortable spending way too much on firearms.😀

oldngray

nowhere special
I did have to get used to the decocker and carrying with the hammer half cocked. I’m 100% certain it’s safe to do but definitely required convincing from my buddy and YT. I guess it does help with gun safety because I can’t imagine hitting the decocker with it pointed anywhere but a safe direction.
One of the best things about a CZ-75 is the ability to carry cocked and locked like a 1911

bbsam

Staff member
I have a CZ clone (EAA Witness) and it's my favorite 9mm. Good trigger and really accurate. Maybe a bit heavy but not bulky like some of the other 9's.
How do you like EAA? I just looked them up and see the Girsan line (?) is by them. I’ve seen those around and been interested because of the price point but haven’t heard much about them.

oldngray

nowhere special
How do you like EAA? I just looked them up and see the Girsan line (?) is by them. I’ve seen those around and been interested because of the price point but haven’t heard much about them.
I'm a big fan of theirs. They do import guns made by many different makers but from what I have seen the quality remains fairly high for everything. I know pretty much nothing about Girsans though.

Do you like H&K’s? They seem a little pricey but I’ve heard generally good things about them. I’ll have to stop back by the range and try some of the brands I used to consider outside what I was willingly to spend. I’m slowly becoming more comfortable spending way too much on firearms.😀
Love the H&Ks, incredibly reliable and every model I've used is easy to shoot. Most are pretty pricey, VP9s can be found around $500 sometimes.

oldngray

nowhere special
Love the H&Ks, incredibly reliable and every model I've used is easy to shoot. Most are pretty pricey, VP9s can be found around $500 sometimes.
I have never heard anything negative about H&K other than the prices. You can get something else for 1/2 or even 1/3 the price that is just about as good.

bbsam

Staff member
1685618354026.png

I think I see the allure of CZ’s. Ordered this one.

oldngray

nowhere special
Honest Outlaw has a lot of good reviews. Definitely not afraid to say when something’s a pile of :censored2:.
By far most articles sound like fanboys praising the newest and greatest gun ever.

Until the next new gun comes along.

Almost as if they were being paid to sell guns.

bbsam

Staff member
By far most articles sound like fanboys praising the newest and greatest gun ever.

Until the next new gun comes along.

Almost as if they were being paid to sell guns.
Yep. I find it especially silly with self defense pistols. If you’re talking on average 3 to 7 yards, a “nail driver from 75 yards out for the low, low price of $1800” just seems ridiculous to me. Not saying there’s anything wrong with it. I just don’t get it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep. I find it especially silly with self defense pistols. If you’re talking on average 3 to 7 yards, a “nail driver from 75 yards out for the low, low price of $1800” just seems ridiculous to me. Not saying there’s anything wrong with it. I just don’t get it.
I like to see the accuracy farther than 7 yards but 25 max for anything intended for concealed carry. For a full sized pistol I do like to see what it does at 50 yards even though that is pretty much just about target practice accuracy. 75 yards or farther is plain silly.