Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I think I'm going to have the Colt Custom Shop build an SAA just for me.

20230721_181622.jpg

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
In what way? I have two newer ones, 2007 and 2016, and one from 1980 with no issues.
The polishing and bluing are no where near what they used the be. I sent a gun to them for rebluing and I wasn’t happy. I have another Colt police positive that was made in 1939, the original owner carried in WW2 as a pilot, he had it redone at Colt. It’s like a python.

sailfish

The polishing and bluing are no where near what they used the be. I sent a gun to them for rebluing and I wasn’t happy. I have another Colt police positive that was made in 1939, the original owner carried in WW2 as a pilot, he had it redone at Colt. It’s like a python.
I guess we'll see. They do do two different types of bluing.

sailfish

The bluing was dull.
Interesting. Because what I was saying about two different bluing types, there's charcoal blue and royal blue, with royal being the more conventional Colt finish. Charcoal on the other hand is less polished and more dark grey in appearance.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Interesting. Because what I was saying about two different bluing types, there's charcoal blue and royal blue, with royal being the more conventional Colt finish. Charcoal on the other hand is less polished and more dark grey in appearance.
I ordered the royal blue. Nothing like it used to be. S&W is the same, they all modified the process because of the chemicals being banned. It’s uneven now.