Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyena

image.gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My son mentioned a while back that he would like to have a set of the chrome "c" shaped pipes that are on both sides of the bike that I guess protect you if you lay it down or you can put your feet up on if you' re cruising. I was trying to price them without asking him about them and messing up the suprise. I don't know what those are called.

Crash bars?

Maybe @1BROWNWRENCH, could help.

rod

Retired 23 years
My son mentioned a while back that he would like to have a set of the chrome "c" shaped pipes that are on both sides of the bike that I guess protect you if you lay it down or you can put your feet up on if you' re cruising. I was trying to price them without asking him about them and messing up the suprise. I don't know what those are called.

highway bars

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
image.jpeg

??

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I got a postcard from the USPS in my mailbox today. They are offering to give you the boxes you need for free to ship your packages and will also pick them up free. The post office never even wanted parcel post before, but I guess they changed their mind. I order stuff online a lot this time of year, and I got 2 packages delivered different days last week by the post office. One was at 9:45pm and the other was a little after 10pm. They have to be getting killed. How in the world are they going to handle the volumn next month?

rod

Retired 23 years
Thanks, rod. I googled them and I believe that was the term I was looking for. wow there are literally thousands of designs to pick from.

They do a great job of protecting your bike if it gets laid down "slow". I once pulled into a scenic overlook with my wife on the back and unfortunately cut it a little too sharp while going too slow. It got away from me and being it weighs 875lbs (plus my wife's weight) I couldn't hold it up---believe me I tried. It was kind of a slow motion accident. The bike rested on the highway bar and no harm was done to anything other than my ego.

rod

Retired 23 years
I worry about him when he is on his bike. You can be 100% in the right and still be 100% dead. People just don't see bikes. Any amount of protection will help.

Totally agree. Riding a bike takes 100% concentration. When I retired and seriously got back into riding I promised myself not to ever drink and bike. I don't even do "just one".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got a postcard from the USPS in my mailbox today. They are offering to give you the boxes you need for free to ship your packages and will also pick them up free. The post office never even wanted parcel post before, but I guess they changed their mind. I order stuff online a lot this time of year, and I got 2 packages delivered different days last week by the post office. One was at 9:45pm and the other was a little after 10pm. They have to be getting killed. How in the world are they going to handle the volumn next month?

The Post Office is being very aggressive in going after this volume. They are in the process of "upsizing" their mail boxes and delivery vehicles.

The carriers hate this as delivering packages is not what they signed up for.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The Post Office is being very aggressive in going after this volume. They are in the process of "upsizing" their mail boxes and delivery vehicles.

The carriers hate this as delivering packages is not what they signed up for.
Sounds like what UPS is doing by going after freight. 20 years ago you would never see the size of packages we get on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.