Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yes but seriously this is the management style that the decision makers at ups are obsessed with.
Ditto you see it too, nice to be able to think outside the box and recognize whats really going on lol.
1943jijcev86pgif.gif

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We were lighter today but I know buildings where guys are out of hours and still sheeting stuff missed. Better hope tomorrow is really light for those centers.
It's been like a sesaw here. One day one area is jammed and the next day pretty reasonable. Only reason we have guys with hours left.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS has used time/motion studies forever to measure productivity.

I would imagine that by now the management tactics taught are light-years more sophisticated than this discussed in that article.

Just ask @FrigidFTSup.
No it's about trying to make an employee 100% productive. Which study after study after study has shown is not a good way to manage.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Very good read right here. 1 of the business models UPS is trying to do currently, basically describes their mind set now and moving foward. If you want to skip beginning of article then skip to the Management By Stress System paragraph and it kind of gives you the idea in a nutshell. Inside source info i got lol. http://www.multinationalmonitor.org/hyper/issues/1990/01/slaughter.html
So the total chaos and using fewer people pushes production up instead of running at a smooth pace. All employees are stressed or pushed to the limits which in turn sets the bar high for increased production. Well yesterday 6 seasonal loaders left for good and my loader took a day off. At the last minute everything was raked out of the cages which pushed us out at 9:45. Fun times! Another technique ups likes to make is the ever increasing turnover, cant see any advantage except most will never get full benefits and a raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.