Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Its kind of funny watching the Hispanic hierarchy and how they treat each other. Mexicans are at the top of the heap with Central Americans at the bottom.
Not true in my area. Puerto Ricans are at the top, South Americans are next and Central Americans, Mexicans and Dominicans are fighting it out for the rest.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Problem is the way we view customers. Is the consignee really the customer? Or the shipper? Shipper is paying the bills 9 times out of 10.
Yes but you'd think ups would want the consignee to walk away from the situation viewing the company in a positive light. That okay, they couldn't get your package there any sooner (because maybe some loader screwed up) but here's a coupon for 20% Off the next time you ship something ups.

As an employee....I understand the possible reasons for a delay. As Joe Schmoe customer, telling me to keep checking the tracking # on the website and it'll be there tomorrow and I'm not sure why it's not arriving today as planned isn't really an answer.

Yes but you'd think ups would want the consignee to walk away from the situation viewing the company in a positive light. That okay, they couldn't get your package there any sooner (because maybe some loader screwed up) but here's a coupon for 20% Off the next time you ship something ups.

As an employee....I understand the possible reasons for a delay. As Joe Schmoe customer, telling me to keep checking the tracking # on the website and it'll be there tomorrow and I'm not sure why it's not arriving today as planned isn't really an answer.
Welcome to Fluff

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

And I get what you're saying, I just think that most people are going to sit there and say "When am I ever going to use this?"

Most people don't ship packages that often. Almost everyone I talk to that has a concern come through just wants it at that moment. They don't care what they can get or any solutions. They just want it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not true in my area. Puerto Ricans are at the top, South Americans are next and Central Americans, Mexicans and Dominicans are fighting it out for the rest.

Not a lot of Puerto Ricans around here but they would be fighting the Mexicans for dominance. Not enough South Americans to be a factor. At the bottom would be Guatemala, Nicaraugua and El Salvadore probably.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And I get what you're saying, I just think that most people are going to sit there and say "When am I ever going to use this?"

Most people don't ship packages that often. Almost everyone I talk to that has a concern come through just wants it at that moment. They don't care what they can get or any solutions. They just want it.
Agreed...their expectations can be unreasonable.

oldngray

nowhere special

The customer will act like every package is a medical emergency. Even when it is almost never very urgent.

KOG72

I’m full of it
IMG_2818.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.