Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jibbs

This thread is just for posting random crap and having fun. Join us.
I haven't watched or read too much One Piece since Punk Hazard. I'm somewhat disappointed with the writing after the time skip in general. Before the time skip, it's like the best anime ever.

After the time skip it's dope, but slow... I have to take long as hell breaks so that I can binge-watch 15-20 episodes at a time. It's almost like watching DBZ as a kid again, lol, with the 5 minute fights that take 37 and a half episodes to get through.

Last episode I saw was in the middle of the Doflamingo fight, right as the "birdcage" started constricting around his island. I think they've gotten close to another 80 episodes since that one, though, so hell if I know what's been going on lately.

Right before the time-skip, though? The war of the generations or whatever they called it, at the Marine Base? That was some of the sweetest cartoon action I've ever seen in my life, right up until I saw One Punch Man. It's also one of the funnier ones. One Piece'll always be one of my favorites, man, for sure.

...I'm still kind of bitter about giving my avatar rights up to Saitama (One Punch Man), but that peanut butter guy had a way doper one than mine that was animated so it was a no-brainer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
After the time skip it's dope, but slow... I have to take long as hell breaks so that I can binge-watch 15-20 episodes at a time. It's almost like watching DBZ as a kid again, lol, with the 5 minute fights that take 37 and a half episodes to get through.

Last episode I saw was in the middle of the Doflamingo fight, right as the "birdcage" started constricting around his island. I think they've gotten close to another 80 episodes since that one, though, so hell if I know what's been going on lately.

Right before the time-skip, though? The war of the generations or whatever they called it, at the Marine Base? That was some of the sweetest cartoon action I've ever seen in my life, right up until I saw One Punch Man. It's also one of the funnier ones. One Piece'll always be one of my favorites, man, for sure.

...I'm still kind of bitter about giving my avatar rights up to Saitama (One Punch Man), but that peanut butter guy had a way doper one than mine that was animated so it was a no-brainer.
@Diaper King

km3

Right before the time-skip, though? The war of the generations or whatever they called it, at the Marine Base? That was some of the dopest cartoon action I've ever seen in my life

The Whitebeard War, The Battle for Marineford, The War of the Best...it has a bunch of names. And yeah...That was an incredible story-arc, all the way through. I think Water Seven & Enies Lobby is better, but if I'm looking for an epic action fix I'm gonna re-watch The War of the Best.

I've peeked in time and again, but I could never get into the current story. I did win a $50 bet with my brother for predicting that Sabo was still alive, though. Lol

I haven't watched One Punch Man yet, though it's been recommended. I am currently fixated on Attack on Titan season 2.

Back to One Piece, I love every story-arc after episodes 100 but before episode 500. I think if you're judging pre-time skip One Piece vs. post-time skip One Piece, pre-time skip comes out way ahead every time. But that's just my opinion.

J

jibbs

Does DK like or hate this shlt?

I'm on the outside looking in, I don't get the random tags-- just tryna cure the ignorance.

[EDIT: WAIT. Did the peanutbutterlegs person change their handle, and that's why the avatar's the same? ....You got me thinking too fxcking much, damnit. :hot:

The Whitebeard War, The Battle for Marineford, The War of the Best...it has a bunch of names. And yeah...That was an incredible story-arc, all the way through. I think Water Seven & Enies Lobby is better, but if I'm looking for an epic action fix I'm gonna re-watch The War of the Best.

I've peeked in time and again, but I could never get into the current story. I did win a $50 bet with my brother for predicting that Sabo was still alive, though. Lol

I haven't watched One Punch Man yet, though it's been recommended. I am currently fixated on Attack on Titan season 2.

Back to One Piece, I love every story-arc after episodes 100 but before episode 500. I think if you're judging pre-time skip One Piece vs. post-time skip One Piece, pre-time skip comes out way ahead every time. But that's just my opinion.

Your opinion's been validated, good sir. Thing is, though, with this show the first several hundred episodes were good enough to make me hope there's more of that coming in the next several hundred.

But I mean, once you're coming up on 700-800 episodes it's inevitable that storylines are either going to change completely or dull out. Simpsons are pretty much symbolic of that whole notion.

To be completely honest, I don't even remember much of what happened when Luffy was trying to save his brother. I just remember being slack-jawed almost the entire time, just blown out of my mind with everything happening at once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Future

Victory Ride

What in Gods Holy name ...r u babbling about?

Status
Not open for further replies.