Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
There used to be an auto parts store downtown that was unbelievable. If you need an odd ball part or had anything out of the ordinary, these guys would be able to figure it out. On my Dakota it needed a different fuel filter than what the book called for. They not only figured it out, they had three in stock.

Future

Victory Ride
image.jpg
How did Ivan make out on new car purchase?

oldngray

nowhere special
There used to be an auto parts store downtown that was unbelievable. If you need an odd ball part or had anything out of the ordinary, these guys would be able to figure it out. On my Dakota it needed a different fuel filter than what the book called for. They not only figured it out, they had three in stock.

That reminds me of a 67 Chevelle I had that had a lot of 66 parts. Not the ones the book said I needed.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I call AutoZone an oil and filter store. That's all they're good for. For parts I go to Advanced or O'Reilly's. NAPA is too pricey.
Needed a rear bearing assembly for my little commuter car.

Our ups mech was helping me do it. He has an account at advanced and they give him 20% off. The whole way there he's saying "it should only be 40-50 bucks." They wanted 165 dollars for this part.

I found it on eBay for 40 shipped

friend advanced

oldngray

nowhere special

Our ups mech was helping me do it. He has an account at advanced and they give him 20% off. The whole way there he's saying "it should only be 40-50 bucks." They wanted 165 dollars for this part.

friend advanced

My stepson works at Jegs and gets a discount but those are usually pricey items there.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

friend advanced
EBay is great for parts if you're in no hurry. Most times when I'm doing repairs, I need the part yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.