Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My first ever flight lesson I was going to be Mr Bad A** pilot guy. Walk out onto the ramp and break out my aviators, felt like I was the man. Flight instructor looks at me and says "Ready to fly Maverick?" Never wore aviators ever again.
37f8ab69d505717f3fdcf37592a64eff.gif

rod

Retired 23 years
My first ever flight lesson I was going to be Mr Bad A** pilot guy. Walk out onto the ramp and break out my aviators, felt like I was the man. Flight instructor looks at me and says "Ready to fly Maverick?" Never wore aviators ever again.

When I was flying with the Dept. of Natural Resources as a fire spotter right after I retired I got many hours of free flight lessons from the pilot (he was a certified flight instructor). I got quite comfortable flying that little Cessna 172 as long as it was up in the air. One evening as we were landing for the day I kept waiting for the pilot to take over. All he kept saying as he was talking me down was "you are doing fine". I was a nervous wreck but I landed the plane. To this day I don't know just how much "help" he gave me (he said I did it myself) but I do know there is a BIG difference in keeping a plane level in the air as compared to landing one.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When I was flying with the Dept. of Natural Resources as a fire spotter right after I retired I got many hours of free flight lessons from the pilot (he was a certified flight instructor). I got quite comfortable flying that little Cessna 172 as long as it was up in the air. One evening as we were landing for the day I kept waiting for the pilot to take over. All he kept saying as he was talking me down was "you are doing fine". I was a nervous wreck but I landed the plane. To this day I don't know just how much "help" he gave me (he said I did it myself) but I do know there is a BIG difference in keeping a plane level in the air as compared to landing one.
Never landed one or took off.
I feel pretty confident I could fly one into a skyscraper.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I was a nervous wreck but I landed the plane. To this day I don't know just how much "help" he gave me (he said I did it myself) but I do know there is a BIG difference in keeping a plane level in the air as compared to landing one.
Your first landing is scary for everyone. I bet you did just fine. The hardest part of landing isn't the actual approach, it's making sure you have the nose high enough off the ground! If you didn't hit the ground with the prop it was a good one!

rod

Retired 23 years
Never landed one or took off.
I feel pretty confident I could fly one into a skyscraper.

Some of those POS who did that actually learned to fly in Minnesota. Their instructor said they weren't interested in learning how to land. It always amazed me that the red flags didn't start going up then.

Status
Not open for further replies.