Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Taking off and landing are the easy parts. Flying it straight and level is another story.
200.gif

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I was up in the air for 7 to 8 hours a day with only a half hour break to re-fuel and stretch the legs so I got plenty of actual air time.
I'd do that kind of flying for free just to get the hours. That would rock. I love flying the 172. You can do so much to that plane and come out unscathed. I've spun it, been upside down in it, basically flew the damn thing into the ground, but she kept chugging along.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I fly 4-5 times a year on average. The last 9 or 10 trips I've had my hands tested for explosives. Without missing a beat. I guess I just give off a bad vibe.
Like powder from explosive chemicals or something? That's getting ridiculous.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Wow. I can't even get through reading some of the stuff in that love thread over there. Makes me want to stick my fingers down my throat.

rod

Retired 23 years
I'd do that kind of flying for free just to get the hours. That would rock. I love flying the 172. You can do so much to that plane and come out unscathed. I've spun it, been upside down in it, basically flew the damn thing into the ground, but she kept chugging along.

I used to tell people that it was like riding a roller-coaster all day long (especially on windy days). A lot of our flying was very low level- tight circles-- getting peoples attention who had illegal fires going. I would also direct the fire crews to the fire. Once they were there we would gain altitude and watch the helicopters with the water buckets do their thing for awhile and then continue on our flight pattern. At the time my wife was fire dispatcher with the DNR so there were times I would be reporting to her (I told her not to get a big head about it).

Status
Not open for further replies.