Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I get that parenting can be overwhelming it's 24/7 there are no breaks.

The biggest thing I see is parents now aren't willing to make that commitment. They tell a kid no once or twice then give in.
My wife use to do that. It drove me nuts. I had to have a big argument with her and tell her. No means no the first time ,and the 10 th time. My kids don't ask me more than once. They only do it to her if they think I can't hear them doing it.....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I get being told no but this was a pretty common occurance at my house.

Me and my brother: can we go play at John and Alex's?

Dad: no

Us: oh are we going somewhere?

Dad: no

Us: do we have something we need to do first?

Dad: no. Your mom doesn't tell you no enough so I'm telling you no.

Us: (go see mom) paraphrasing now. Dads being an :censored2: again can we go play at our friends.

Mom: yes

And look at the fine upstanding, hard working (ok, I'm stretching it there) citizen you turned out to be. Lol.

T

Turdferguson

I should make 200,000 dollars a year and you should memorize everything I do to drive safe. I make this company money you drain it and help implement useless crap in order to justify your meaningless job.
Man you got a high opinion of yourself don't you?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That, I would never do. I'll spank them, I would never use a belt. Ever. They know I mean buisness without having to abuse them.
Mom always used the belt. Rarely did dad.

I fell now though even at a young age there's a lot more things to take away from a kid to punish them. I didn't have a phone until I was in college. My cousins girl had her own iPhone in 1st grade.

T

Turdferguson

Just like my choice. Flop never to be heard of again 6 months from now.
I would agree the paid aspects of it may be , but the other parts of my choice I would disagree with. I see a lot of people who use it for sign signature required package and place pkgs in will call pick up

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I get that parenting can be overwhelming it's 24/7 there are no breaks.

The biggest thing I see is parents now aren't willing to make that commitment. They tell a kid no once or twice then give in.

My thought was always that I did NOT want to have the kind of kids that noone wanted to be around. I could always leave my kids somewhere without having to worry about their behavior. It's a matter of respect and boundaries. Kids aren't taught much about either nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.