Nothingness Fluff....

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldngray

nowhere special
Or more hassle. most debit cards are Visa or Master card. you got protection ,just more headaches.

If they steal your credit card,just use another one. till the problem is fixed.

I had identity theft on a credit card several years ago. I had that card frozen and I had to go through the hassle of getting the bogus charges reversed but it didn't affect my other accounts.

oldngray

nowhere special
Really??? They won't refund it?

A debit card is linked directly to the money in your bank account so depending on the circumstances you may lose the money stolen. That money is withdrawn from your account as soon as a debit card is used, unlike a credit card.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A debit card is linked directly to the money in your bank account so depending on the circumstances you may lose the money stolen. That money is withdrawn from your account as soon as a debit card is used, unlike a credit card.
No I realize it's linked to my checking account. But if I call my bank because someone hacked into my account and withdrew say $500 in Bumble:censored2: Idaho..the.bank won't refund that money?

oldngray

nowhere special
No I realize it's linked to my checking account. But if I call my bank because someone hacked into my account and withdrew say $500 in Bumble:censored2: Idaho..the.bank won't refund that money?

It depends on the bank and circumstances, but there is definitely more risk when using a debit card.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I had a Bank of America debit card years ago when planning a big trip. I dropped the card in a parking lot. The woman who found it was nice enough to buy drinks all around in a few sleazy bars and use my card at various grocery stores and gas stations, to the tune of almost $2,000. Bank of America refunded every penny she spent. Yes, it was inconvenient for me because I had to wait about a month before everything was straightened out, but I was VERY happy to get my money back.

I'm pretty sure they still have that protection.

I had a Bank of America debit card years ago when planning a big trip. I dropped the card in a parking lot. The woman who found it was nice enough to buy drinks all around in a few sleazy bars and use my card at various grocery stores and gas stations, to the tune of almost $2,000. Bank of America refunded every penny she spent. Yes, it was inconvenient for me because I had to wait about a month before everything was straightened out, but I was VERY happy to get my money back.

But at the same time,If it was a credit card. yes the card would be shut down, but yes the money in your checking account,would not be gone!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I had a Bank of America debit years ago when planning a big trip. I dropped the card in a parking lot. The woman who found it was nice enough to buy drinks all around in a few sleazy bars and use my card at various grocery stores and gas stations, to the tune of almost $2,000. Bank of America refunded every penny she spent. Yes, it was inconvenient for me because I had to wait about a month before everything was straightened out, but I was VERY happy to get my money back.

As long as I'd get it all back...I'd be okay with that. I always have a stash of cash hidden at my house for emergencies. I don't use Bank of America though.

Status
Not open for further replies.